Sunday, July 13, 2014

Better Busy Than Bored

My mother used to always tell me "better busy than bored."  Maybe that was because I got bored a little too much as a kid.  Now I'd really like to just TRY bored...even if just for PART of the day.  It seems that this last month and a half has flown by so quickly that I can hardly remember it!  During June and July (so far) I have:
  1. Got hired on at UCA (Go Bears!)
  2. Traveled to Arkansas to scope out the possibilities in housing and the ward there.
  3. Cleaned out my house and put it on the market to SELL!
  4. Spencer and Kelsey started swim and are doing well.
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
  5. Kelsey is hot and heavy into softball.
  6. Kelsey played on a travel basketball team this summer.
     
     
     
  7. Took Jordan to Arkansas to start football.
Writing it down makes it seem like a short list...but it has consumed every moment of my days for the last 6 weeks to 2 months.  Our move date has been set for Aug 3.  We load the truck on Sat, Aug 2.  Our going away party is Fri, July 25.  I head back to pick up Jordan on July 22. That doesn't leave much time - 3 weeks from today, to be exact! YIKES!

Today while singing I had to stop as I was choked up.  That often happens with me feeling the Spirit of a phrase within the verses of the song.  But today it hit with the realization that I won't be singing with this branch for much longer....sigh!

Lots still to do...pray our house sells QUICK!  Moving on to new adventures!  I'll try to keep up to date better...lots going on, just haven't taken the time to write it all down!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I know you have had a busy couple of months because it seems I NEVER GET TO TALK TO YOU! It was nice to skype last night even for a few minutes to see how things are going. On to the next adventure! Enjoy the process.