So here we are in CHICAGO!
On Thursday morning I hopped on the train with Kelsey in Effingham heading to Union Station in the heart of downtown Chicago! Upon arrival the guys around us chuckled at how excited she had been the ENTIRE ride.
![]() |
| Waiting for the train |
![]() |
| 1st Train Ride |

![]() |
| She just HAD to check out the window since we were on the 14th floor |

![]() |
| And here is WHY we came to Chicago!!!!! |
| ||
| Kelsey has been doing her research and MOLLY is the doll she wanted |
![]() |
| A VERY happy little girl! |
![]() | |||
| Thanks Aunt Krista |
![]() |
| found a park on our walk...Kelsey had to go chat with Molly |
We had some time to kill before our Birthday Dinner at the American Doll Place so we took a walk. We found a park...and this is my view looking straight up....
And this is where we would have LIKED to stay...
And here is our dinner party...they give little chairs that fasten to the table so the girls' dolls can sit at the table with them. They REALLY go ALL OUT! It was super fun...and the food was actually pretty good - minus the cake. Way too store bought tasting for my liking.
They even give celebration tiara's for both girl and doll. Kelsey LOVED this part!
They really think of EVERYTHING...even doll holders in the bathrooms!
The next morning it was back to the American Girl Place for a matching outfit photo shoot. Kelsey was still SO excited
At Mary's Cafe for breakfast....on a RAINY day!
Waiting for the photo shoot...
Waiting for the pictures to be finished so we could pick them up and be on with our day......
OF PEDICURES!!!!
Kelsey LOVED this pampering!!!!
And the lady went all out for her....flowers on her toes and fingernails too.
After our pedicure...I, sadly, had to go back home to Effingham. Krista and Kelsey were able to finish out the "just the two of us" type adventure in Chicago! I have gotten many updates - thanks to facebook and txt messaging! They didn't exist back when my boys went so we had to rely on a phone call at night occaisionally.
I'll be anxious to see the pics and post them here again. But I will be at school when they reach Effingham. Tuesday morning I will get all the details.
As for now...have a GREAT time in Chicago!!!
























2 comments:
Oh, I am sooooo glad you guys had such a great time! It looks like a blast! Krista is awesome! I wish she was MY aunt!
Wish I could have been there too. Those pedicures are always nice and the party with her new doll looks like great fun!
Post a Comment