Sundays are usually one of my favorite days of the week. I LOVE going to church and I love that I don't do all my responsibility things on that day either. My last Sunday in Vienna was just a PERFECT Sunday!!!
I woke up early (because I HAD to in order to get from my western edge of the city to the eastern edge over the canal) and got some time in the scriptures! I always like beginning my day quietly in the scriptures, but I usually end up finishing my day reading them in bed! This specific day I was reminded of who I am! Knowing that I am a daughter of a loving Father in Heaven has always been a point of strength in my life. Another defining point is my love of the scriptures. I read in 1 Nephi 15:24! It spoke to my heart and gave me strength....a feeling from the Spirit that always makes me feel whole inside.
And I said unto them that it was the aword of God; and whoso would hearken unto the word of God, and would bhold fast unto it, they would never perish; neither could the ctemptations and the fiery ddarts of the eadversary overpower them unto blindness, to lead them away to destruction.
I love the scriptures!
During church I really felt the Spirit again. I have been gone a LONG time and am missing my family. Seeing this family sitting next to me in Sacrament Meeting brought tears to my eyes and filled my heart. I knew that the following week I would be in church with MY family...most likely holding Cody (which DID happen - even Jordan made sure to sit by me). I thought of my family a lot....my family is ME...they are who I am!
In Sunday School we talked about Matthew 25. Verse 40 has always been one of my favorites...and reading it today magnified my day of remembering who I am! It states:
And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have adone it unto one of the bleast of these my cbrethren, ye have done it unto me.
THAT is how I want to be...always treating people as if I were treating Christ Himself! I want to leave them better than I found them. I want to be kind and gentle...I want to be like Him, like Christ!
Directly after church I zoomed back to the other side of the city to meet with Morgan and Katie. Their host mom had invited them over to make Apfelstrudel and they invited me!!! How LUCKY am I!!!!
We had a GREAT time...what more can be said?!!!
After we ate...which was VERY filling (it used to be a poor man's meal...that is all they would eat! Dessert to me!!)...Christina Opperman took us to the Vienna woods for a nice walk. I needed it after eating all that apfelstrudel! She took us to this church and then on a longer walk. It was fun to look out over the city now that we knew more about it and where everything was in relation to everything else.
She drove us back to Morgan and Katie's flat (which really was her son's apartment but because of a wedding in the family he let Morgan and Katie have it for the month - how VERY nice!) We didn't have much planned but I stuck around while they cleaned. Morgan wouldn't LET me help them...so I updated my blog (I was behind...still am). Afterward, Morgan and I headed out around 9:15 or so to get pictures of all the cool buildings in Vienna AT NIGHT! It was fabulous....just walking and talking and not in any apparent rush. I think big buildings look cool at night...everything lit up looks neat at night. We got some good pictures and had a great time.
It took me a LONG time to make it home since I missed the bus from the train station to our street by just 5 minutes. Because it was so late I had to wait an HOUR to catch the next bus. About 20 minutes in Bailey showed up...on her way back from the concerts! How funny.
So...my perfect Sunday was just that....PERFECT!
No comments:
Post a Comment