Sunday, July 24, 2011

What I'll miss from Vienna

Yes, I know...I have been home a LONG time now from Europe!  But this has been on my mind for the same amount of time so I thought I'd post it.  I have also been remembering all the things I missed from home while I was gone....so here is the list!

What I'll miss from Vienna:
  1. Morgan
  2. Katie
  3. Esther
  4. Esther's parents and son, Benedict
  5. Esther's house
  6. The lack of responsibility
  7. The constant ambulance sirens ALL day long
  8. The hiking, walking, adventuring all day every day!
  9. Paying for water - hahahha
  10. 58 steps up to class
  11. Stairs, Stairs, and MORE stairs
  12. The Austrian Alps
  13. Concert Salesman
  14. Gelato at Castellatos
  15. Public Transportation
  16. Castles Castles CASTLES
  17. School - hahaha
  18. Creeping Cameras
  19. U-bahn excitement
  20. Carrying my camera EVERY day
  21. Photo ops at EVERY corner
  22. Shlag De Melonaha
  23. Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
  24. Dorothy Spiegel walking thru the Graben
  25. ALL the sites
  26. Finding my way - and getting it right
  27. Being able to totally zone out since I couldn't speak the language or understand anything anyway
  28. Mind games played on adventures with Morgan and Katie
  29. Paying to pee (opera toilet complete with opera music for 70 cents)
  30. Waking up to a new adventure every day
  31. The age of things
  32. The weather
  33. The slower pace I lived for a month
I'm pretty sure that I have MISSED most of the things I miss...but I'll just add to it as I remember more.  So here are the things I missed while I was in Vienna:
  1. Cody - his voice, his smile, his random hugs and kisses, his skip and enthusiasm
  2. Kelsey - her smile, games with me, her hugs, her talking with me
  3. Spencer - his enthusiasm and excitement with life, his monkey hugs
  4. Jordan - his smile and laugh, his wit, talking with him
  5. Scott - his ability with the children, his laugh, his smile and eyes, his constant talk about soccer
  6. Friends I could txt at the thought of them or talk to them or see them
  7. Mostly physical touch from my family
  8. I DIDN'T miss driving or being constantly busy!
I am glad to be home...I am glad to have my children all over me (most of the time) again.  I am glad to have the snuggles, the laughter, the fun, and even (sort of) the messes!  The trip was a chance of a lifetime!  I am glad to have been able to be in Europe and meet the people I did!  The experiences are a once in a lifetime....and I will remember it forever!

I went to get more acquainted with the Strengthening Families Program and with Karol Kumpfer.  Though the education wasn't as top notch as I had hoped....what I went for happened and for that I am glad! 

And now...life goes ON!!!!

No comments: