And it seems that whenever I even THINK about sitting down to write (usually Sunday afternoon) my kids are on top of me. Because I spend so little time at home anymore I hate to miss out on time with them. So, writing a paper or a test or blogging....school seems to win out right now.
But....things I need to catch up on:
- Basement bathroom
- A visit from my sisters, niece, and dad
- Pumpkin carving
- Thoughts about the defining moments in my life (been on my mind A LOT lately)
********************
A couple weekends ago the pumpkin patch down the road was closing up. Funny, I thought, it isn't even CLOSE to Halloween yet. Usually they stay open all the way up to the very day and then have a huge trunk or treat event. But, since I drive by EVERY day (usually more than once as it is at the end of our street) I saw that they were cleaning it all up and had an EVERYTHING FREE sign. The kids ran down and got a bunch of pumpkins! I was busy doing homework or something so I really had no idea how many pumpkins adorned our front steps. As I left for church the next day I notice 7 of them....lining the walkway. So, a pumpkin carving evening needed to happen before long. Last night was the first free night we had so we put the plastic Halloween table cloth on, got the pumpkins, and went to work. I LOVE to see the creative side of my children. I enjoy watching their concentrated looks on their faces! The smiles at the end make me happy too. The missionaries were over so we had a great time! Cody drew his own face this year....tho I helped him cut it out. Kelsey did most of her own work too. It is just a fun time!!!
CODY!!!
And KELSEY!
And SPENCER!
And the Missionaries!
And SCOTT!
Happy Halloween!
********************
A bathroom in the basement!
From the moment we moved into this house I have been wanting a bathroom in the basement! Yeah, I THOUGHT I had NO time OR money back then....hahaha
During those moments where my kids were being potty trained and we played downstairs I REALLY would have loved having a bathroom downstairs. How many times do I remember running up the stairs with a child in my hands as they were peeing their pants....not able to make it to the bathroom. And now that they are all potty trained, I build a bathroom!
I LOVE this type of work. Taking an area where there is NOTHING and creating something functional! Seeing accomplishment is the best part of life! (or part of the best part) So....here are the stages...
Phase I: Cut out the cement so it can be ruffed in (thanks Kirk Swenson)
Phase II: Ruffing in the plumbing
![]() |
| Yeah....it is finished! |
![]() |
| thankfully it is them and not me doing it |
Phase III: Framing (thanks to Amy Packer for the nail gun and the help - and thanks to my dad for coming out to help me finish)
Phase IV: Sheet rock and insulation (and a shower)
And now I am just waiting for a friend to come mud, tape, and sand so I can paint and get the rest of the plumbing in (toilet and sink)
Yeah for a bathroom!!!!



1 comment:
What a fun post. Yay for pumpkins, missionaries, and building a new room downstairs. A bathroom IS very ambitious. Way to go!
Post a Comment