Tonight I am grateful for family....for the family that surrounds me, yes, but also for the family that I rarely see or talk to but remains just as close. That's how family is!
Had I not sent Jordan on a flight from Salt Lake to Las Vegas and then on to St Louis, I may have just gone through life not taking the time to remember such a vital fact, such a pivotal awareness. People are good...and family is even better!
Jordan missed his flight in Las Vegas and was there...no more flights to St Louis tonight. When he called I hate that I was on the phone. I txted him while talking asking if he was on the plane (since THAT is why he would be calling me). "No," came his reply, "I missed my flight. Do you know anyone in Las Vegas?" Oh boy....
So after a bit of frustration at WHY on earth did he miss his flight, the stronger emotions of concern and fear kicked in and I went into fix it mode. We have friends who have family in Vegas....no go! My mom reminded me of my cousin's daughter. I call my aunt who gave me my cousin's number and it is all worked out. I would have done the same...that's just what family is for! No matter where, no matter when, no matter how long it's been since we've talked....family is family!
So tonight, even though I should be resting like a baby knowing my cousin was there to take care of my son, I am still awake....thinking and being grateful for family. I'm also thinking of the MANY people I know who would do the same for me. I am so blessed! My mom and husband would count this as a blessing because I know someone everywhere I go....hence the reason I suppose Jordan would ask if I knew anyone there. I am just happy to know that I have GOOD friends and even BETTER family!!!!
But this post still doesn't capture the essence of what I am feeling. I guess it will have to do...just grateful for a great extended family! Grateful for the power of prayer. My son sent a txt to a friend (one of my best friend's daughter's) so she knew almost as soon as I did. I was helping her with some stuff and called to help her out. Her thoughts were of me...not her and what she was going through. "I heard and immediately we knelt to say a prayer." I am such a lucky person...such a blessed person.
The Lord is good to me. I hope that Jordan realizes all the people in his life that worked together for his benefit...the Lord is good to him too. He's good to ALL OF US!!!
Still not the essence of what is in my heart...but his will have to do. Goodnight (or should I say good morning?)
No comments:
Post a Comment