Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Jordan

And lest Jordan thinks he is not a part of this family or of my ultimate LOVE for my kids, let me dedicate this ENTIRE post to JUST HIM!

He has astounded and amazed me this year. Not that I didn't expect greatness from this young man, but I am just so proud of him!

He wants 'things.' He wants super cool headphones and more iTunes cash and expensive shoes and sunglasses. He also knows we won't fork out the money for such things, not that we don't think they are super cool too.

So...

He is working...but since he isn't 16 yet he can't officially get a job. So he has been contacting people to mow their lawn and water their plants and do odd jobs that they don't necessarily want to do, or are out of town so they can't. He calls them himself. Sure, I may prime the pump and see if it is ok, but he is the one to call and set the parameters, etc. He totally does it! And the more he works the more he wants to work. And I think what I am most happy about is that he is a good, responsible, hard worker! One lady said she was so impressed so she gave him extra money and said he's hired for the leaves in the fall and ANY other thing she needs.

I'm just so proud of this growing young man of mine!

Recently he spent time in Utah for EFY and time with my family. My brother took him ziplining! Glad he had such a great time...

1 comment:

Lynda said...

And we enjoyed having him around for a few days too! He was a lot of fun and it was great to spend one on one time with him.