Ok...that was a month ago....and still this post has NOT been posted. So today I write...
"A Picture is worth 1000 words" ... and such shall be this post, which hopefully will have words added in times to come.
So, what do we remember about the summer:
- Swimming
- HEAT
- Baseball and Softball
- EFY
- Utah, Idaho, Colorado trip
- Movies movies and more movies
- SALSA
So...swimming! Spencer, Kelsey, and Cody swam on the Effingham Red Tide Swim Team and did very well this summer. Spencer got the "Most Improved" swimmer of his age group. Proud of him...proud of all three of them. Pictures have already been posted!
HEAT! Enough said there...because of the heat we spent MANY days (or evenings) at the community pool.
Baseball and Softball:
Spencer, Kelsey, and Cody played this summer which meant I spent a good amount of time at the ball fields. There were nights where all three of them played...that was interesting. I helped coach Kelsey's team and that was a lot of fun. I miss softball and hope that Kelsey loves it as much as I do. I think she might just be getting there. She spent time on the mound this year...which was NEVER my love, but she does well.
I loved helping the girls feel good about themselves and tried to help them know how GOOD they are. Even though our team was seeded 6th (out of 6) in the tournament we ended up taking 2nd place! Good job, girls!!!
Even before most of the country was out of school for Summer break we sent Jordan on a plane to Utah to go to EFY at BYU. He had a GREAT time! We spent the day in St Louis at the Zoo but only after I was up most the night waiting to make sure my boy made it to SLC ok by himself. I had a mission friend near Denver on call in case he got stuck in Denver, but never needed him. We didn't get much news while he was away except (thankfully) from my mom! On his way back, the plane wasn't so good. He missed his flight in Vegas and thankfully my cousin just happened to be at her daughter's house there. She picked him up and kept him for the night. Grateful for family!
This summer we watched movies and more movies and ate salsa and more salsa. It seems like I was always picking up fresh tomatoes to whip up another batch. I think we were salsa'd out! But we LOVED it. Sometimes I would make up a batch and we'd eat the entire thing while watching a movie!
Here are just some random pics...fun summer for the Demers' family!
Actually we will start with Back to School! I had to let it go that I never posted these pics...took them but never got to the blog OR facebook.
And summers wouldn't be summers without the summer lunch program...only this year we didn't go NEAR as much as usual with EVERYTHING else we had going. But it is ALWAYS fun to see friends there!
This is the LAST one of the season!
Father's Day was monumental this year! We had an ice cream cake (everyone's favorite and NOT so monumental) but we also let Squirt, Spencer's turtle, go! Spencer was a trooper after having it for a year. He caught it in Tennessee last summer and it grew and grew and grew and grew!
Lovin' on Dad!
Say good-bye one last time to Squirt!!!
He was the size of a silver dollar when he came to our house.
Scott decided to shave his head for Scout Camp! Crazy man!!!Spencer is really into running a 5K. Sacred Heart school had a race where Kelsey and Cody joined him. He ran 5K and they ran about a mile. I was SUPER happy with Cody...who got first place. I couldn't believe it. Well, I could...it was him at 2 years old that ran a mile from the Mall to the Hoopers house. Kelsey did GREAT too. Spencer had been sick all week but still did great...only about 30 seconds slower than usual.
Before the race...
so excited....
scott road along with them the entire way...
Spiderman even came...
oh so excited...here we go!
along the way...
coming in!!!!
poor me...used my BIG camera and I was too close...:(
It's always fun to have Nana and Papa come!
Spencer started reading Ranger's Apprentice....he's creative and adventurous (two things I LOVE about him). Here he is....and then Grandmama Sproul helped make one for him on our trip!
he even learned to make things himself...
I think I'll stop there! This MAY just be the LONGEST post I have EVER written...with MORE pics than usual. But heck...I'm caught up (sort of) except for our trip out west. Maybe I'll get that done NEXT Sunday!

2 comments:
You have a fun family! I love reading about all your traditions.
Whoa! That WAS a big post! You've had a fun summer!
Post a Comment