Friday, September 21, 2012

No Time to Write

I'm just going to say it...I HATE that I have no time to write and when I do I don't feel like I can crunch out anything creative or substantive. So...

YESTERDAY was Spencer's 12th Birthday! My folks flew in so I spent the day researching while they recovered from the lack of sleep the day before. We got a few things done before the kids got home from school and then it was snacks, homework, baking cupcakes for his birthday, fixing and eating dinner, and then heading to Jordan's football game (the ONLY one I get to attend all season!) Grandpa bought us all Blizzards from DQ on the way home....then it was late and we all headed to bed (of course, I had to watch BYU get beat by Boise State first! - darnit!!!)

So, did I take the opportunity to recognize my son? Yes...in person. But online on my blog? No! Maybe when it comes time to print the book at the end of the year, I can fudge all the dates that I missed because of being too busy celebrating in the moment!

Spencer had a great day! Cody's excitement to give him the Ninjago Lego set topped the day. Also, Spencer's been begging for a sword...a wood one from the local Jack Flash convenience store we frequent for our slushies. I got him one....can't decide if that was a good idea yet since he's pretty proficient as he swing it around....but he LOVES it!

Spencer's curiosity and excitement for life amaze me. He sat and read Grandma one of the stories he's written. He's good. I'm proud of my energetic boy. He's got a heart of gold. Sure...he can frustrate me at times, but I love that kid. He makes everything around him fun!

Happy Birthday, Spencer!!!

Tonight he has his interview to move on from Primary and get the priesthood! He is excited! (more for the priesthood ordination than for the interview I am sure). But we got him new shoes and a tie. He will look sharp....I'll post a pic later. I'm proud of him...really proud of his goodness and his heart!

**************************************

Jordan's team won...evidently that isn't something they've done a lot this year. And I got to see it. Sadly, tho...at the end of the 1st half he was on special teams as his team kicked off after a touchdown. He barreled down the field and hit a player on the other team HARD. You could hear it ... helmets crashing. I was proud of myself for not running onto the field as I watched my son bounce backwards and land face down, and not get up! I tried to hold my heart inside (and tears too - which now happen to be springing up almost uncontrollably) as I watched him laying there on the field. As the trainer headed out Jordan turned over, took his helmet off, but stayed on his hands and knees visibly shook up a bit. He ended up walking off the field and is ok. But he only played ONE more play the rest of the game. The ONLY game I get to come to and he didn't even play much. Well...I can't say that. He played the entire time before he got hurt.

It was fun to watch him. He's a good presence out there! I'm glad that they won and it was a good game to watch....but I'm MORE GLAD that my boy is ok!

Pictures to follow....next time I get a chance ;)

No comments: