Truthfully, I like it. I love spending time talking with him about things (when he opens up to his conservative crazy mom, that is).
Well, this weekend was Homecoming! His first! When I was in High School these dances were date dances...now they are not. Groups of people go just to go. How fun! He went to a friend's house (where the entire freshman class was invited) for dinner prior. And I stayed up (happily) to wait for him. These late nights are the times I usually get the most talking out of him.
I forgot my good camera...so the pics are only from my phone. At first, he wasn't so excited...hates his picture taken. But pics with the group ended up a tiny bit better. By the time he got home he was NOT picture worthy (those dances get hot) but surely was in a MUCH better mood about it all.
Mom, do NOT take my picture! C'mon, Jordan...this is Homecoming and I'm your mom...I want a pic. Fine...
Ok...so I can handle hanging out with my friends (I have NO IDEA what was said to make him smile so big...but I'll take it)
The group
The boys...
I'm glad he had such a great time!
*****************************************
And Spencer! Last week he was ordained an Deacon at church. He was so excited. His face speaks volumes. He stood today to be sustained by the congregation...same smile! I will not soon forget his excitement for such things. But no pics at church...so no pics. I'll have to just remember it in my heart.
And what I need to remember most is his first time passing the sacrament! The feeling brought tears to my eyes. I was so proud in my heart...it was full and overflowing with joy for my young son who is also growing up way too fast.
Ironically, the young mom sitting in front of us has been in the Branch longer than we have. She just happened to have a picture her mom had taken YEARS ago....Spencer was just a year or so old! Interesting to see that picture TODAY as he has grown into a fine young man and was passing the Sacrament. I should have taken a pic of the pic with my phone so I could put it here. Maybe I'll try to remember that for next week.
Proud of my growing boys. They are not only growing up...but are good young men too!
No comments:
Post a Comment