His response, "Some things are more important."
I walked right into my office knowing I had to sit and blog about it. Yes, some things ARE more important. This has been a topic on my mind lately. I have been Missing In Action from this blogosphere world as I have been studying for Prelims. I seem to be consumed with them, with learning and remembering EVERYTHING I have learned from day one in my program. But as I was reading in 1 Nephi 17 and 18 (I think verse 3 in both chapters) last week I was reminded how much my Father in Heaven loves me and is completely aware of me HERE and NOW. Additionally, it was brought to my mind again that doing things in the LORD'S way is far more productive than the world's way. Was I studying in the manner the LORD had shown unto me? I surely have been studying, but I realized the importance of what my professors have been telling me all alone. They may not have used this exact phrase, but essentially, "Some things are more important."
So they advice me to:
- Take the weekends off with my family
- Take time for myself
- Give myself a break
- Spend time with friends
Sitting with the lady I am staying with just to talk and bring her some cheerful company. Some things are more important.
“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart”
― Helen Keller
No comments:
Post a Comment