Sunday, April 21, 2013

Post Prelim Blahs

About the time I had Kelsey I knew about Post Partum Depression. Previously I had never believed such a thing could actually exist within ME. Oh well...those days are thankfully GONE!

However, I HAD heard about the Post Prelim Blahs and frankly felt the same ... surely that wouldn't happen to ME! But it did! And I couldn't figure out why I just couldn't do anything. Or better yet, why I just didn't WANT to do anything. Only recently have I even kept my grading up to date - my poor students this semester. But I finally feel like I am out of my fog and need to be moving on....

Sadly, I missed a whole HOST of events on here that I need to recap....with pics only, not a lot of writing fanfare, sorry (only to my family who won't get the verbose memories).

**********Cody's turns 8 and is Baptized*********

Birthday: March 17, 2013

From top left to right: Cody on his bday, his bday pancakes, eating his lucky charms with only GREEN marshmallows
Bottom left to right: with his friend Chris at the Book fair, shooting at Papa's

Baptism: March 23, 2013
I am so happy so many people came to support Cody. Can't really believe my baby is 8...and has been baptized. He had Jordan speak which was ultimately wonderful for me. Around the circle I will start with Jordan saving chairs for people to eat (hahaha), then Cody hugging Aunt Krista, Cody and Dad, Cody with Mom and Dad, our family, Cody with his cousin from Utah, Ellie, Cody and his buddies eating, Jordan and Papa.

**********Kelsey's 10th Birthday**********

I told my students long before Kelsey's bday that since I would be spending EVERY day ALL week at school for nearly 2 months I would be taking all my kid's birthdays OFF - which none of them were too upset with since I was cancelling class. Kelsey's birthday was on a Monday and they had school off after Easter weekend. We spent the weekend in TN with the family and had a great time.
Left side: Kelsey excitedly opening presents
Middle top to bottom: Face painted at a recent book fair, playing games in the chair with Cody
Right side: happy to have a new shirt with a cool saying, at Puerta Vallarta for her bday dinner

**********Random Thoughts**********

While cleaning things out - remember, I have to get this house ready to MOVE - I found an old copy of our wedding announcement. Crazy!
 

The weather has been turning nice. In fact, I was walking on campus the other night without a coat and the whole evening was fabulous. I love walking in nice weather with a beautiful sky.

I think I'm back to life. I have had a great couple of weeks with much more to share....but thought I'd try at least to re-enter the blogger world.

1 comment:

missy said...

Glad to hear you're coming out of your fog. I've been in a fog of my own and it's not good! I'm starting to see the light again as well. Hooray! Your kids are growing up. I love that you take their birthdays off. What a fun mom. And I've been living in denial because I forgot that you guys would be moving. Boo. Do you know where? :(