I never played soccer growing up, but watching my kids makes me wish I did!
I LOVE watching them! PERIOD!!!
The last couple weekends they were playing in their tournaments...and they all did GREAT! I wasn't able to watch Cody as I was in Champaign giving a lesson for a church function, but Scott took pictures and I got there JUST as he finished! Kelsey got the MVP for her team - single handedly (or footedly might be more appropriate) scoring 4 goals in the last 7 minutes to tie the game at 4-4. They ended up winning on penalty kicks! I was SOOOO proud of her. She radiates out there on the field...is quite a presence. And it's not JUST because she is one of only a few girls, or even that she is REALLY good, but she shines. She is loved by all and feared by them as well. She is GOOD...not just at soccer, but as a person. She is kind and fun and beautiful and .... well, I could go on and on and on!
Spencer is also GREAT at soccer. His foot speed amazes me. He shuts down guys as a defender and pushes the ball up the field as an offender. He scores and has a strong kick. He is one of his team that other teams watch out for. It is fun to watch him play!!
But you know what....even if they were the ones that everyone laughed at and never wanted to put into the game at crucial times, I would LOVE them beyond any comprehension of mine! They are ALL good people, kind and polite! And they are MINE! Sometimes I sit in the crowd and just am amazed at the wonderful people they are turning out to be. It is no reflection of me, that is for sure! Their teachers worship them....wish they had 21 of them. It feels good for others to see what I see in my children. And it is good for me to hear it from them, because sometimes I don't always feel it as strongly on our "too relaxed and fighting" days at home.
Grateful to be the mom of 4 great kids!
Eric and Sarah Morales helped coach. He helps Scott at St Anthony and they have both become great friends to our family! Kelsey, especially, has taken to Sarah. It is fun to watch my kids interact with others....I do love them all so much!
1 comment:
You sound like a very proud Mother! They are great kids....and I'm sure I'm not prejudiced about that. Hope we get to see a game while we are there too. Love you guys.
Post a Comment