Sunday, October 26, 2014

Life if FULL of Tender Mercies

Some tender mercies are just a little more tender than others....not sure why or what really MAKES them so, but this time around it was just a general feeling of YES!!!

Let's start the story with....Thanks be to God!

At the beginning of my PhD I got a new laptop. I nursed it to the finish of my dissertation knowing I'd be getting one with my new job. Only I still used it...a LOT! Mostly for home and pictures stuff (IMPORTANT THINGS)

Well, I haven't been using it as much as my kiddos have and thus...there are more crumbs all over it and ... well...it doesn't get put away quite as well. The other day Scott called me at work to tell me that he's pretty sure it is toast. The kids left it on the arm of the couch and then someone knocked it off...ONTO the TILE! Yeah, it wouldn't start. Surprisingly, I wasn't too mad. Not sure WHAT to get mad about. Only thing that was on there there that I REALLY would miss would be pictures. I had fixed it all up just before we moved so EVERYTHING was transferred onto an external hard drive. Well, except a few little things...inconsequential things.

I took it into work on Friday to see if the IT folks could tell me what the REAL diagnosis was. Sure enough, the hard drive was TOAST....ALL files completely irretrievable unless I send it in and pay some BIG BUCKS! Again, surprisingly I wasn't too affected. Not sure why...just faced the facts, I suppose. Not that they were GOOD, but...what was I to do. I have lost TOO many pictures along the way. I have GOT to find a better way around this - google drive or dropbox...paid extra storage I think.

But...I digress...

My only prayer was that I HADN'T deleted ALL the pics since we've been HERE in Arkansas. I KNOW I haven't updated my blog much....Sunday's are short anymore! All the boys went to Stake Priesthood tonight so...I figured it was as good a day as any. Kelsey is sick and Cody is occupied with a friend on Facetime, so....here I am. I looked on my camera and guess what? Yep! They are ALL there!

So why is THIS tender mercy just a little more tender? I don't know. Heaven knows I've had some mighty big tender mercies. But maybe it was because I wasn't bent on getting the pictures back. I don't know. I just felt pretty special when I found them ALL!

Like these (posts to follow....hopefully SOON! My blog book won't wait...will it?)

We got to Arkansas and immediately Cody was playing Flag Football...thankfully I had signed him up PRIOR to moving because their season had already started when we got here!
 
 
For Labor Day we went to Greers Ferry Lake with the Moline's from church. Cliff jumping was a BLAST! LOADS of pics....for another post or maybe just the book
 
 
 
Kelsey and Cody are also playing soccer...Kelsey has really blossomed into a pretty strong midfielder - a force to be reckoned with, to be sure! She's been scoring about 3 pts every game (out of 4 or 5). She's really improved...I LOVE watching her play!
 
Jordan playing football....go Greenbrier Panthers. EVERY opponent is red and guess what color we all have after 14 years in Effingham? YEP...RED, a LOTS of it!
 
 
Spencer runs Cross Country. This is an invitational on his 14th bday where he took about 1:23 off his time! Proud of this boy!
 
Cody loves soccer and is getting a better grasp of it this year. I am sure he'll improve more and more as time goes on! He sure loves it...and I love it when I can actually be there. Most of the time Kelsey and Cody play in opposite places and since Scott coaches Cody, I go with Kelsey which means I MISS Cody's games :(
 
 
 
 
 
LOTS going on ... as always ... moving forward into building a new house. Hopefully we can agree upon a PLAN first...then we will begin SHORTLY! Can't believe it really!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Great kids! Excited about your new home. Love you guys