And so my new role began. For the Swim Team I just started sharing them on FB with friends...and then it just escalated! I'm not GREAT but I do LOVE it. I love getting candid shots as well as action shots. With some, well A LOT, of practice I think I've gotten pretty good. I created a shutterfly account for the team...so they could view ALL the pics and I wouldn't have to email them. It became FUN for me....a great hobby! (I never wanted someone to pay me for my hobby....so I just let everyone HAVE them if they wanted) It made me feel good that MY pictures were getting into the newspaper....which meant MY kids would be in the paper at least once! NOT that THAT was the reason I gave her the pics. SHE picked them....but it WAS a nice perk!
Then this culminating year a swim mom asked if she could PAY me to take SPECIFIC pics! Wow...I was flattered. I turned down the $$$ of course since I take pics ALL the time anyway at the meets. I have always told the parents to tell me which pics they wanted me to take before the fact. I will never forget Kristy Hom and how she ALWAYS wanted me to get a good pic of her FLY! These have been fun years!
My last time to shoot pics for Effingham Red Tide was at the Conference Meet...July 26, 2014.
And so....I will miss:
1. Candid shots of the swimmer's personalities
2. My kids and their friends
3. The coaches: Coach Elizabeth and Coach Jason...enough said!
4. Lining up in the Bull Pen....fun friends
5. A good pic of a good FLY
6. Just candid pics
7. MY friends, the Swim Parents and BEST cheerleaders
8. FRIENDS
8. Family shots
9. Concentration as a race begins
10. The "I did it" look
11. Austin Huebner's Breast Stroke
While these are just a FEW of the pics I love....they are really just the ones that tell the story...but not the ENTIRE story! This is a role I will miss....I have enjoyed it beyond anything I can adequately explain. The relationships I have gained...the thrill of victory I experience first hand from these swimmers....the camaraderie with the team and parents....the EVERYTHING!
Suffice it to say....Effingham Red Tide will ALWAYS have a place in my heart!
No comments:
Post a Comment