Spring has finally sprung around her I think. The other weekend we cleaned up outside....and this is how Spencer helps! hahaha
Cody has started soccer and Kelsey has started softball. Much of our time now goes to these two...and Spencer's track meets. Oh track meets...watching the first and last event. I think I'll start bringing my own workout clothes and workout while I WAIT!!! Usually I bring papers to grade....what fun! hahaha I don't get as much grading done as I would like...I watch too much! But I DO love watching my kids compete!
I don't get as many pics of Spencer running...though I do get a few with my phone. He is pretty fast, really. He's been a bit bummed lately that he isn't running the mile...but he is 3 seconds slower than the #2 guy and they only take 2 to the meets. He runs the 800 instead....that's a killer to me, but he does GREAT! He is only in 8th grade and the fastest guys are in 9th. He has decided that he will be working hard to get faster this summer! He sets a goal and he accomplishes it!!
Kelsey loves softball! You know...she likes ANY and EVERY sport she plays! That is ONE thing I love about her...she brings joy and happiness to everything she does! She doesn't like that mask...so she doesn't wear it often...(I don't blame her). She is improving a lot...it is fun to watch. I love being part of this part of her life!
We bought a new car...well, new to us. We hadn't planned to get a personalized license plate, but I secretly thought it would be cool. I'm too cheap to actually go through with it so when I got this one I was pretty excited!
In Effingham our Cub Scouts program wasn't too strong...in fact, Cody may have been the only boy and it just didn't really ever get off the ground. I used to think I should have done something to help it along, but I can only do so much! But the Cub program here is pretty big with a lot of boys that age. Cody was excited to enter a car in the Pinewood Derby...his first and last! (sad but true) We let him design it - code for it WON'T be fast! But he DID win the Most Awesome Award! Regardless of winning or not, he had a great time!
Elder Wilson was a great asset to this area. He spent a lot of time here and we really got close to him. It was Elder Wilson and Elder Barnhurst that first had Jordan start going out with them. Elder Wilson has been in Greenbrier almost as long as we have. So it was nice to have him come by to say Adios! He left us a couple bottles of his favorite hot sauce. It was a good remembrance of him since every time we had tacos with he and his companion we would have half the table full of hot sauces and half the table with food! haha He loved it and we loved it too! We will always remember him!
Life is good! It is sometimes hard to believe we have been here in Arkansas so long...not REALLY long, but long enough to finally feel like we are at home. Of course, my children probably felt more at home quicker than I did, but it is nice to have this time under our belts! Jordan has a job lined up for the summer. Spencer has his own running and swimming program going. Kelsey will be playing softball and swimming. Cody will be happy go lucky...and I will have an online course to teach! Hopefully Scott will have a job....and life will continue to go on!










2 comments:
Wow! You guys are having a blast. :) And you WENT ON A CRUISE!! Was it amazing?? We just started our first track season ever. I hear you on the LONG meets. We have the first/last event going, too. Ha!
Great family. I love them all!!! Can't wait to see you soon.
Post a Comment