I recently finished the 4th book in the books of the Bayern series by Shannon Hale....Forest Born!It is fun for me to follow a series of books. I enjoy getting to know the characters and itch to find out what happens next to them. Shannon Hale is a wonderful writer. I'm no English major, that is certain, but her books captivate me and keep me wanting more. I stumbled upon the Princess Academy (Newbury Honor winner) and loved it. I searched for more books by the author and began with Goose Girl...which is the beginning of the Bayern Series.
A good read,for those who like adventure, intrigue, and a bit of romance too (LOL) I'm just happy to escape into a good book sometimes. Each of her books seems to describe a bit of the inside workings of people's hearts, psyche, etc. It is interesting for me to see parts of me unfold as I read. Or others. I tend to learn something about myself and my relationships in each one. My style book....good reading and personally applicable without being too deep into a self-help series!
1 comment:
I love Shannon Hale too. You should check out her book Austenland. It is really good too! I heard she has a new/old(within a year) book called, I think "The Actress and the Housewife" I heard it isn't quite as good, just FYI. Let me know though if you read it and like it.
Post a Comment