Friday, September 16, 2011

A Concert in the Making - Or Shear Comic Relief

Ever driven down the road and seen someone singing at the top of their lungs, looking just as silly as can be?  I have to admit, I am that singer!  When I am in the confines of my car....I am in my own little world.  As I drive to and from Carbondale twice a week I have put on some pretty fine concerts, if I do say so myself!  I conduct them too, at times!  Oh, I am pretty sure I've given many a driver a great laugh that can serve as their comic relief for many days, or even weeks!  Or maybe they get a pic of me and put it on their blog somewhere!

But at night....no one is supposed to be able to see you so I do it all the more!

However, the last couple times as I have my earpiece for my cell phone in and have wondered if I have not hung up completely and I am giving whoever is on the other end of the line a pretty silly concert.  Last night my wildest wonderings were confirmed.  I had put the earpiece in my phone but NOT my ear.  I got off the phone with a friend and promptly turned up the music for my long ride home - a concert in the making!  With the earpiece, like a bluetooth, my phone is answered automatically after a couple rings.  I'm pretty sure I could change that, but don't know how.  Evidently my friend called me back and I didn't hear it ring.  That could be because I had the music cranked and was singing JUST as loud, or that it didn't ring.  Well, as the song ended I heard the phone ring....it was my friend....laughing!

Yeah, so they got my concert for FREE!  I thought surely in the pitch black I could sing to my hearts content and NO ONE but me would ever know.  Guess I was wrong!

It is a mighty good thing it was them...I could laugh about it (and still do EVERY time I sing out loud)!  Anyone else and I may have had to pull over and cry!  ah hahahaha

That song will never be the same...hope I can get through it without laughing out loud!

*********************

And now...I must stop this habit of being other people's comic relief.  President Lunt just let me know that I have been his for the last month since Girls Camp with my silly "hit the tree" move!  This must come to an end!!!  But how???

No comments: