At any rate...Krista just left for real this time and I am sad. I really wanted her to stay this weekend. Oh well! Before she left I was doing some research on my computer here in the dining room and I hear her say, "Denise, come here and see this!" with a bit of trepidation in her voice. I was into the research and didn't want to get sidetracked (like I am now) so I stalled with the classic, "Ok, in a minute - just let me finish this!" It wasn't much longer that the anxiety in her voice heightened a bit and the request came again. After a couple more....within moments....I ventured into the front room. "It is big," she says.
Now...you have to understand....Krista is scared of just about everything! But as the fear in her voice heightens and the words "BIG" come out of her mouth, I have to admit....I'm a bit nervous as I walk in to, "It's moving!!!" In my mind I am envisioning a HUGE spider....something I DON'T want to even be near!
But...
It was a chipmunk! Now, how on earth did THAT THING get in my house???? I remember going on vacations and at the state parks they were so cute and would come eat the food we set out for them. They are still pretty cute....but a pain in the rear to get rid of around your foundation!
Thankfully, it was scared to death and when we left the front door open ... herding it out was really not difficult at all.
It brought me back to a couple days ago when Spencer stood at the garage door yelling for me that I HAD to come see what was in the garage!!! When I finally got there it was a cat sitting up on the top shelf! Must have come in from the rain and poor thing had to stay in the garage all night (probably better than on the streets!)
What is going on! NO MORE ANIMALS that aren't supposed to be in my house in my house, please!!!
*******************************
For quite some time Spencer has been wanting a saxophone! He brought the paper home from school saying he was capable so we said ok. However, it is the most expensive of the instruments to play and we were trying to find the best deal. His band teacher said she had a neighbor getting rid of one so we played the waiting game while she and her neighbor played phone tag!
Well, she called today saying that he was bringing it home today!!! I can only imagine his face when she brought it out for him. According to her, she had never seen anyone so excited in her whole life. I can believe it. His huge smile remained on his face the entire class!
When he got home he promptly got it out and showed me. He played it for a bit then took it outside to let the entire world hear him play!
He is one HAPPY BOY!!! (and just in time for his birthday - all the legos in the world will pale in comparison to this, I think)

1 comment:
You blog to avoid housework, too? :) I laughed at your comment about Spencer and how "all the legos in the world will pale in comparison to this." I dare you to find out. ha! Legos would win out around here, I'm afraid. Did you see my blog post today - the lego gift Soren is giving his friend? :)
sorry I missed your free concert the other night. I'll have to call you in the evenings...
Post a Comment