Friday, February 3, 2012

The Most Wonderful ACCIDENTAL Surprise

I remember when Friday nights used to be date night.  I also remember when Friday night pizza and a movie was a MUST not to be substituted with ANY other meal or activity!

Our kids are growing up...and while Friday night pizza and a movie reigns supreme, tonight was a little different.  I knew Jordan was heading to a friend's house.  But about 15 minutes before I got home Kelsey called wanting to go to a friend's house.  I walked in to hear Spencer say, "Dad, tell her about Club 56." (A "club" of sorts run through a religious group in town for 5th and 6th graders)  With all that Cody just HAD to go to a friend's house too.  So Scott and I took advantage of an impromptu date at the movies!

Who would have guessed?

Not me...but I enjoyed it.  What a fun and relaxing night AWAY from the studies of my school life!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How fun!

LynnEl Springer said...

The beginning of the end! Your kids are growing up and leaving the nest - or starting to anyway. You will find yourself with more alone time than you ever thought you would as they venture out to explore new things! Good luck with letting them go! It's hard! But how nice to have some alone time with Scott! :)