I love memories!
I love thinking about fond times, good times, funny times, out of the ordinary times, awe-inspiriting times! I just love memories...P.E.R.I.O.D. Of course, the not so good ones can take a hike, but they rattle around in my brain too.
Anyhow, this morning I was running (well, let's be honest here...running may be a bit of a stretch. You see, I'm doing the C25K [couch to 5K] again, and truthfully, I'm on my 3rd week so it is only considered running to those as out of shape as I am) and on my cool down walk I saw a dime and two pennies on the ground. My instantaneous thought was to just let them be...I don't need 12 cents! (maybe I was just too tired to pick them up) But then I thought about Kelsey. I love Kelsey! She rubs my feet for me - which makes me love her all the more. The other week she rubbed my feet for the customary 1-2 minutes (it is increasing!!!) and asked for payment. She promptly made "business cards" stating her price of 10 cents. "That's not too much to pay is it, Mom?" I told her it wasn't ... and now I find her "business cards" everywhere. She even said the last time she rubbed my feet. "I'm pretty good at this (she listens to what I say - she is pretty good). Daddy should take lessons from me!"
This memory made me smile as I walked on. Then I remembered a fun experience from walking home from practice in high school. The walk was about a mile...and all down the road and around the curve were coins on the ground. I can't remember now how much change I picked up, but it was more than 12 cents, more than a couple dollars. I chuckled inside myself at this memory wondering if I might find more - since that day I have NEVER found such a string of change on the ground. Then sure enough...another penny. It made my day - not the penny as much as the memories.
And now as I sit and type this I remember a time going to the pool with my brother. This was obviously WAY before cell phones, so we went out to the pay phone to call home for a ride. Characteristic of me and my brother, we always checked the pay phones, pop machines, etc for change. Totally weird...but this pay phone started gushing out the change-literally! We had NO IDEA what to do. We feared our mom would make us give it back so we shoved it back in (not having anywhere to put it all while in our bathing suits). Sadly, I can't remember what we did with all the money...probably spent it quickly so mom wouldn't know. I have no idea this many years later. But it is a fun memory to think about!
Yes, I love memories!
1 comment:
Good to write all those memories down because some day (maybe sooner than you think) they may get stuck in some crevice in the back of that overfilled mind of yours and be hard to pull out! Speaking from experience. Love you more
Post a Comment