Saturday, March 17, 2012

St. Cody's Day - Lucky "7"

Today is Cody's birthday.  I love this guy!!!!  Last night he slept with me saying that in the morning I'd be the FIRST person to be able to wish him a Happy Birthday.  So this morning...I was awake and he popped up, "You can be the first person to wish me a Happy Birthday!!!" which I happily did!  What a fun morning for me!

Last week he decided we would go to see The Lorax for his birthday!  It was a really good show....fun to be there with the family.

We came home, ate just a bit and headed to the Effingham Performance Center for the Runnin' for the Irish 5K that Jordan and Spencer ran!  I'll save that for another post...and leave THIS ENTIRE ONE for my Cody!

He chose Buffalo Wild Wings for dinner...but only ate a little.  He chose an ice cream cake....love that kid!  And then we watched some TV.  It was ALL about Cody today....love that.

I love Cody!  I love everything about him.  He is so sweet and so honest and so good.  I love his little voice on the phone when I am away.  This has been Spring Break for me so I have enjoyed his daily hugs and kisses.  Lately he has been just patting my love handles...yeah, not my favorite but he looks up with such sweet eyes and says he loves how soft I am.  If it were ANYONE else, I might not take it so well. ;)  I've enjoyed laying on the living room floor reading with him, holding him on my lap as we read scriptures, having him sit with me while we watch TV, and just being with him (and the rest of the family too...but this is all about Cody!) 

The other day while I was at school I got a message from Cody asking me how to clean the bathroom.  Yeah, I love that little guy!

Here are his Birthday pics....
Lightning McQueen still reigns supreme in our house ... and his very own cocoa crispies cereal!
 
His new bike - finally one that fits him!

 
Ice cream cake!
 
New shoes....thank you!  If he couldn't get his very own ipod he'll settle for shoes!

2 comments:

Nicky and Patrick said...

Happy happy birthday!

Gary said...

Happy birthday bud, even if it is a bit late. Cool bike!