I think ALL tender mercies are timely but this latest one simply amazes me! I actually think I've probably had a post entitled Tender Mercies - so I thought I'd change it up.
Lately I have been too busy to see straight - literally. I haven't posted about my incredible Thanksgiving even. Maybe I'll have time after today. With all my papers to write I haven't spent time on ANYTHING else. If you came to my house you would know I am NOT joking when I say that!
But I just HAD to take the time today to write about THIS tender mercy, regardless of having a 25 page paper I need to finish today that id due tomorrow. It's my LAST paper....tomorrow is my LAST class of the semester. I give finals, but grading is easy. It's just time consuming. Holy cow, really, I am DONE with my classes for my PhD. I will be taking a couple next semester but only because I will probably teach them and want a brush up since I have to be there anyway.
Anyhow, on Monday I turned in one of my papers. I hadn't felt good all weekend but plowed through it. Consequently I felt justified in wearing my sweatpants, t-shirt, and a BYU hat to school. It was only a class...I wouldn't have to present my findings until NEXT Monday. However....my professor had 10-15 minutes left over in class so asked me to present mine. It was no problem...it didn't have to be anything professional or even with a power point. But I would have liked to have thought about it more so I would have been more mentally prepared. I guess all my impromptu teaching moments have served me well.
My case study was on Mormons Building Bridges - a community determined to bridge the gap between the LGBT community and the church. It strives to make a safe and welcoming place for LGBT youth and hopefully curb the suicide rate. Anyhow, it was a great project and I loved learning about it. I found myself standing in front of my class with the need to share a bit about my church! I love being able to do that! The presentation was fine and all was well. I just felt like I would have liked to have prepared more so I had the right words at least THOUGHT of beforehand and I was dressed a little more appropriately. I usually don't wear sweats and a hat to school.
I laughed a lot about it afterward and was grateful that one class was COMPLETELY done! I even thought about NOT going to class on Monday since it was just presentations and I didn't want to drive late at night. I'd been thinking of what I would tell my professor when this morning Kelsey gave me her school papers to go over (I hadn't been home since Sunday). Within the papers was an announcement of her Christmas Program....set for MONDAY night. Now, since I have already presented, I CAN GO!
Isn't God amazing! I don't believe it is any coincidence that I presented already. I have to miss so many of my children's events because I'm in school. But not this one! I am SO grateful!
His tender mercies will NEVER CEASE TO AMAZE ME!!!!!
(and now I need to go to write this huge paper - well, FINISH it)
2 comments:
That is beautiful and not a coincidence! God's master plan is so much better than our plans.
What a cool story!! Things like that seem to happen to you all the time. Sacrifice brings forth the blessings!!
Post a Comment