Thursday, August 1, 2013

Taking the Time

I just read my last blog entry....nearly 2 months ago! ** BIG SIGH **

I have been looking at this blog thinking that all the fun things of this summer desperately NEED to be documented....but haven't been. I wish I were like my friend M who gives quick snippets and all is good with the world...or E who documents life and feelings ... or J who shares pics ... or M whose weekly entry keeps me posted ... or...or ... or ... OR

But alas...I have NOT written and life still goes on. I keep wondering WHEN I will take the time to catch up, or at least share the pics for when our family blog book is ready (or if I'll just add the pics and descriptions to the book).

Time...such a precious commodity! Though my dissertation (which I should be working on RIGHT NOW) and my blog haven't gotten as far as I would have liked, our summer has been  FABULOUS! We took a trip to Lake of the Ozarks

 

and to Utah and Idaho
 
We have been to a lot of swim meets where the kids have done REALLY well (breaking pool records and all - stories to come later).

Softball and baseball games in the evening and plenty of family movie nights with laughter and fun! What is more important? Yeah, time with my family....but I sure feel guilty for not taking the time on the seemingly more important things! I promise to get to it soon....or maybe not...but eventually I will. But not for you...for my kids and my posterity to read as time marches on and memories are all we have left to hold on to. I'm nearly convinced that aside from the covenants in the temple, memories are the glue that holds are family together!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I know our time with you here in Utah was the greatest. I've already started thinking of fun projects we can do next visit! Sure do love you guys.