Thursday, August 29, 2013

Just 15 minutes

What can you do in just 15 minutes? A LOT, right?!?! I've been thinking about it a lot this week.

Last night at church one of the guys that is a band director said, "If a kid would just spend a measly 15 minutes a day practicing his instrument, s/he'd improve!"

My immediate thought was ALL the things that take only 15 minutes add up til you can't do them all. But as I've settled down and not felt SO overwhelmed with ALL the practicing and homework and such, I see that you can improve in ANYTHING with just 15 minutes a day. Cody's teacher wants him to read at least 15 minutes a day....Geico professes that just 15 minutes could save you15% or more....and now I am taking a 15 minute break from writing to regroup and press on. Some people take 15 minute power naps (tho if I'm going down I'm usually out for the count).

What would life be like if at the end of the day I spent just 15 minutes in prayer - thanking God for my blessings (ALL of them)? What would life be like if I spent just 15 minutes reading the scriptures each day - REALLY reading and pondering, not just reading? What would life be like if I spent just 15 minutes (quality minutes) with each of my children?

Jason Wright writes a book called The Seventeen Second Miracle ... just think if we spent just 15 minutes thinking of others, serving others, and just being nice!

Just 15 minutes really is a long time. Not long enough for some things but perfect for others. Maybe I need to make a list of things I can do in just 15 minutes....then when I have a short amount of free time I can get something productive done.

And that's my 15 minute break...food for thought!

No comments: