Friday, October 4, 2013

Birthdays!

My mom was GREAT with birthdays! Sadly, it isn't my greatest talent. While I love my children to pieces, birthdays often come and go without much more than a couple gifts and maybe a dinner out.  I wish I would post more so that in the years to follow my children know that they were my most prized possessions...however, this year Spencer's birthday was so ill timed I was sad!  It was a Friday and right after school he went to Mattoon to swim. Someone else drives on Fridays.  Jordan played a football game in Charleston so I picked up Kelsey from the Y and headed to Charleston. Thankfully I saw Spencer for a split second and gave him a hug (and the most thankful part was that he let me RIGHT THERE IN THE Y in front of EVERYONE!)  My mom and sister called to talk to him only to hear that he wasn't with me.

But, on a good note...he got to go to his best friend's house AND they bought him a DQ ice-cream cake! He ALSO got to spend the night! So...I'm sure his birthday was much more memorable and fun.

Spencer thrills and frustrates me all in the same moment!  His exuberance for life is amazing and tiring to witness!  His survival videos crack me up. He is so knowledgeable about the things he loves.  Yesterday he got out his Alto Sax (he now plays the Tenor Sax) and gave it to Kelsey to play. She was SO excited and thanked Heavenly Father for it in her night and morning prayers! He is amazing!

When he was a baby I'd have to take him straight outside when he would wake up. He was NOISY and EVERYONE would have to wake up that early and they would be cranky. Yes, it was only Scott and Jordan, but still....

So I would go on a walk with him or we'd just go outside to play. I think that my first Black Friday shopping event EARLY in the morning was because Spencer woke before the world and so off we went. He STILL does this. He still thinks that when he is up the world should be up.

Regardless of whether I am frustrated or thrilled by him I love him to pieces! He amazes me daily! Here is the pic I posted on Facebook the morning of his birthday! (Sept 20)
Happy 13th Birthday to the newest teenager in the Demers' family! LOVE YA, Buddy!


No comments: