It is turned in! After a lot of work and countless revisions I drove to Carbondale this past Wednesday (Oct 23) to hand deliver a binder full of all my words....my research! My presentation date is set for Friday, November 8 at 2pm! I am excited to move forward!
It is hard to imagine being at this point in the process. At the beginning of this doctoral adventure 3 1/2 years ago I would get emails stating that so and so was proposing or defending their dissertation. I thought they were so good....so ... whatever! I knew I would get there someday but really had NO idea what to expect or how I would feel. It was nice! So many of my professors treated me like a junior colleague - like I had done something GREAT! I suppose it is a GREAT accomplishment, but I just didn't get that until hand delivering it to them all.
I am excited! Onward!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment