Sunday, December 29, 2013

Christmas 2013

Merry Christmas!

I awoke early to the sound of excited, though muffled, squeals and footsteps running down the hall to see what Santa had left. As I looked at the clock I was pleasantly surprised to see that it was 6:30am. "Not too bad," I thought....since in years past the time on my alarm clock was MUCH earlier. I went to wake up Kelsey around 7 to open presents and found that Spencer had woken up at 3:14 AM and had woken the others up to see what Santa had brought. He was smart enough to go BACK to bed, but it took Kelsey awhile to go back to sleep. Hence, she was pretty tired.

Scott woke Jordan and we were at it....let the opening begin.
I do enjoy Christmas! I love the pre Christmas anticipation, lights, laughter, and excitement....and opening gifts, though it gets a little wild at times, is a fun time. I like to see the excitement on my kids' faces as they get something they REALLY want...or are REALLY grateful for! I think Cody's excitement at Kelsey's gift of the full version of MINECRAFT was the best. She wrapped his ipod and he couldn't figure out why he was opening something he already had.  You see, his dad is a classic regifter...he thinks opening more presents is more fun, regardless of whether they are old socks, or dishes, or used batteries.  So when Cody found out it was MINECRAFT he was overjoyed. 

Happy faces make me overjoyed! Cody had been wanting the little elf microphone, Spencer had been BEGGING for the backpack (Santa listened ;), Kelsey's underarmour sweatshirt was just right, and I actually got a smile out of Jordan with this t-shirt.
 While I mentioned above that Cody's MINECRAFT was my favorite gift...it may actually be this one. Jordan had bugged me about NOT getting him a stuffed crust pizza from Pizza Hut for his birthday...since his birthday (11/22). So I got him a gift card and put it in a pizza box. His smile was gratitude enough!
(From left to right and top to bottom)
  1. What would Christmas be without legos? Cody was the only one to get them this year though!
  2. Kelsey LOVED her BYU beenie from Jordan!
  3. Jordan actually looks grateful...milliseconds before this shot was even better.
  4. We have been a little strapped for CASH this year and all Jordan wanted was clothes. So I gave him a $100 bill (play money) with the card saying I'd get him clothes next month! He was actually happy.
  5. Spencer's sheer excitement was contagious. EVERYTHING he got made him happy. This is a cyclocomputer for his bike.
  6. THIS is where they learn the excited for their gifts behavior!!!!
  7. See?
  8. And again....Spencer is over the top!
  9. Oooops....
 I got this from Cindy...it made my day!

 The remainder of the day was relaxing...Showers and naps and toys and games!  Dan and Karen made it by around 3pm and we ate then opened gifts from them.  They gave us pjs for our Branson trip over the New Year!

I am so thankful for my family....for the holiday....for the Savior and His ultimate love for me and my family!

No comments: