I think I have mentioned that this year's word is REMEMBER! Yeah, I've been putting some of my pics together and will scan them in when I finish this quick blog! Are blogs EVER quick?
Anyhow, one thing we have begun is having the kids participate and contribute to our blog....what is going on in their life, how they are feeling, their reactions to this week, etc. Spencer wrote today and put some pics on too. It will be fun to have each other them share their perspective about life as the weeks go on.
Now, this WAS a weekend to remember. Last night Elder Neil L. Andersen of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles came to our Stake and gave a devotional JUST for the youth. It was a great time. Even Cody went. I have to admit, having him sitting up there with all the other youth from our Ward was weird. He has always been my baby, my youngest....now he is growing up. He won't be 12 til March, but we didn't plan to leave him home ALONE! haha
And what a great talk about Running the Race of FAITH. He talked about DESIRE, PREPARATION, and RUN, RUN, RUN until the end. I think he really got the kids attention because he spoke about running cross country. He showed clips from Chariots of Fire and McFarland, two movies based on true stories regarding running. He had them there....with the running videos.
Afterward he allowed anyone who wanted to come shake his hand. At first Cody didn't want to wait in line. Then he ended up squirreling his way up there before Kelsey and Spencer. Spencer actually didn't get to talk to him much. It was at the very end and Elder Andersen was making his way down. Spencer was ALMOST at the stairs so when he came down to shake hands, EVERYONE was there and while he DID shake all the hands, he didn't get to look Spencer in the eye. I wish he would have come up with me today. Oh well....they ALL felt the Spirit and loved it.
And today was marvelous too. It was a shortened schedule but still packed with the Spirit. Pres Wing only spoke for a brief moment, followed by Pres and Sis Wakolo from the mission, Sis Routt and Elder Beheshti. It was just a GREAT meeting! I LOVE to feel the Spirit and listen to the prophets! I remember when Elder Andersen was called. I just knew he would....I LOVED his talks prior and just loved him too. I could relate to him. He is a good guy. Well, duh....he is in the Quorum of the 12 of course. But he is just a real down to earth type guy too. That is one thing Kelsey noticed most! HE WAS REAL!!! And they ALL loved his stories!
Yes...a weekend to remember!
1 comment:
I agree. Love feeling the Spirit and the motivation it gives me to keep on keeping on! I think that is why Sunday is my favorite day of the week.
Post a Comment