Alrighty, so right now, we are living in Greenbrier. I am playing basketball and volleyball for the school. Well not right now - basketball just ended, and volleyball did earlier in the year. But right now, I'm doing soccer for GSC (greenbrier soccer club).
Basketball wasn't too shabby this year. I played on both the 8th, and 9th grade team this season. With the 8th grade team, we went something like 10-3. Well we won all of our games but 3. We lost 2 times to our rivals, Vilonia. They are a VERY good team. We played hard though and did not give up. The other time we lost was our very first game against Searcy. I don't remember the game at all, but I remember that we lost to them.
That's kind of how my mind works - I never can remember certain things very well. Like Cody, he remembers probably at least 3/4 of the goals he has scored in soccer. But me, I don't even have a clue of how many goals I scored all season. It's just weird, and when mom talks to me after my games I don't remember much of anything about it, just if we won or lost, for the most part.
Soccer has just started for the spring season. I am playing for Coach Kevin Griffin. He is my friends dad - Emily. I call her Taco. And she calls me Burrito. We are buds. Taco is also on my soccer team. And she is very small, but very fun and great. One of my best friends, Lauren is also on the team. In soccer, I play the defensive mid position usually. Taco plays either a wing, forward, or attacking mid. Lauren plays the center back position.
In track, last year, I ran the 100 and 4x100, and threw discuss. I will probably end up throwing again, but I'm not sure if coach will have me sprint again. I enjoy running more than I enjoy throwing though, to be honest. But I don't care what events I'm in. I wish I could be in all the events. But it doesn't matter really. I actually just talked with mom and dad about track this year, and they have helped me decide that I will not do track. I realized I really don't care for it.
This year in school, I am in the 8th grade. The classes I'm taking, are Pre-AP Language Arts, Pre-AP Science, Pre-AP Social Studies, and Algebra 1. They are kind of hard at times, but I go through it with a positive attitude and I've found that helps a lot with it all. I do enjoy most of my teachers. For language, I have Ms. McMillen. She is very cool. She is a good teacher, and definitely makes the class hard, but I am definitely learning. For science, I actually have a test tomorrow, which I have not studied for really, but I think I kind of understand it all. I will study tomorrow morning before basketball starts. And Coach Flake, my basketball coach said we will probably have a week where we don't do anything. So hopefully, that is this week so I can study for my test. My teacher is Ms. Dickey. She is probably my favorite teacher. She is fun, and we share a lot of the same characteristics, sorta. Her daughter is on the soccer team, so we can talk about that a lot. I like her too. She is very good at what she does I think. And I think it helps that she had Spencer in class too, so I think she likes me too. And I try my hardest in that class. Sometimes science is super confusing, but she helps some. For social studies, I have Coach Smyly. He is the 8th grade football coach, and is the high school softball coach. He is a good coach as well as a teacher. He makes class fun, and also helps the students fully understand what we are talking about. #coachsmyly. Algebra. Oh algebra. I have always loved math. But algebra is very confusing, and the teacher makes it even harder I feel like. She assigns way too much homework. And she doesn't fully explain things to where we can understand them all the time. But it's ok. I do my best, and I usually have a high A in that class. I guess it's alright that she assigns so much because then if I don't get a good grade on an assignment, then it doesn't set me bck too much.
This year, 2017, I have made some great goals that I hope to continue doing throughout the year, and throughout the rest of my life. Some of them were to read and study the scriptures 365 days in a row, or for the whole year. I have done good on that so far. Last weekend, on January 28th, Elder Niel A. Anderson came to Arkansas and talked to the youth of the North Little Rock stake, the Little Rock stake, and the Searcy stake. I got some good notes from his speaking which I have been studying and breaking down more. So he talked with the youth on Saturday. Then we had a special stake conference with him the next day on Sunday. How neat is that!!!!! Elder Anderson, called by GOD, came and talked to the youth of my stake, and to my stake by itself!!! So that was a GREATTTT opportunity for me! I loved it! And it also helped greater my testimony of the church and of Heavenly Father, which I shared today since it was Fast and Testimony meeting. Oh! Another one of my goals this year is to bear my testimony every testimony meeting in front of the church. I have done it for both months so far, and I hope to continue doing this for a while:)
I haven't ever really enjoyed stake conference before because I never really knew anyone. It was just another meeting I had to go to and just sit there. Then afterwards, I would just stand there or play around with my brothers while mom and dad talked to people that I didn't even know existed. But now, as a youth, I have met more people who have become my friends. So now, I, like mom and dad, have people to talk to from other wards that I don't see all the time. I am so happy that I have made some good friends here this past year or so. I now cannot wait for next stake conference.
That's all I think I'm going to tell you today. I hope your life is phenomenal! If it's not, pray to your Heavenly Father. He can help you through anything with a loving and sincere heart. If you don't want to do that, then just go to a source that makes you super duper happy!! I just mentioned the idea of praying because that's what I try to do in times of trouble. Well, see ya later my dudes:)
2 comments:
Aww, Kelsey. You are the cutest. :)
You write just like you talk. I can picture you all over the place, never sitting still while you are talking! Such a fun blog today. Thanks for sharing. Sure do love you!
Post a Comment