Sunday, February 26, 2017

Moving On

As a girl I was a seasonal athlete, still am, I suppose (in my watching, that is). And now we have moved on from Basketball to soccer. EACH of my kiddos has started. I LOVE watching them...PERIOD! I make as many games as I can. I even got to watch Cody this past Friday. I usually miss his games because we divide and conquer and I go with Kelsey since Scott is Cody's coach.

But Cody is playing with an older team this year. I was so proud of him. He was playing with 13-14 year olds and held his own superbly. He even scored....a great shot from the 18 right over the goalie's head.

Spencer was SUPER happy.....his first game was this past Tuesday and as a sophomore he STARTED! He was ecstatic....and really did well too. The game ended in a tie, but it was good. It rained ALL throughout the girls game and was soggy and cold for the boys. They play on turf so it was muddy, but the ball didn't react the same. I thoroughly enjoyed watching....as always.

Kelsey's games haven't started yet, but she IS practicing. I think we got schedules.....today is my day to put EVERYTHING on my calendar regarding soccer. My calendar is CRAZY...just sayin'

Last Sunday was Stake Conference. On Saturday night Spencer had a tri Stake dance in Jacksonville while the adults had a meeting with Elder Thompson. I love that Spencer has such good friends throughout the Stake and that he loves participating in functions. The adult meeting was great too. I DO love feeling the Spirit and bettering my knowledge and desire for goodness and the gospel. My favorite talk was the instruction Pres Wakolo (current mission president) gave about Before the Fall, After the Fall, and the ATONEMENT. The Fall HAD to happen.....so we could be. But we can only progress so far without Christ's Atonement. And with it, we have the opportunity to return to live with our Father in Heaven again. We have the opportunity to change, to repent. What a glorious blessing that is!!!

Sunday was equally as inspiring! So much.....so great!

During that meeting I also received a new calling. I am now in the Stake YW Presidency. I am excited to work with the two others, but sad to not be in the Ward YW Presidency again. I love them so much. But I am still in the ward and will see them weekly. Ha! I will still be planning Girls Camp. Always lots to do.

Actually, right now I have SO much to do that if I really sat down and let myself, I could crumble under it. UGH!!! And EVERYTHING needs to be done BEFORE May 15.....wowsers!

  • Research Project #1
  • Study Abroad
  • Summer 1 course changed 
  • Girls Camp
Goodness....it seemed so much more daunting. I'm getting caught up with grading and my courses. But I am sooo excited about Austria and Study Abroad AND all the others too. 

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

2 comments:

Lynda's Quilts said...

Loved those days of watching sports several times a week. I do miss the excitement but not the bleacher bum! You do sound busy, as usual. Guess that is how you have always been the happiest tho. Love your family!

missy said...

Austria!! Wow. Sounds amazing! Thanks for your comment. It's always good to hear from you!! Your kids' posts are fun. ;)