I am too busy!
So this year I have decided to REMEMBER. When Scott and I were engaged, we sat in the living room of a neighbor who would not be able to attend our reception so invited us over for a gift. They had us open the unconventional and totally original gift and then spoke of it. It was a 1/2" binder with a page decorating it with small Forget Me Not flowers. Inside were lined pages....printed, not just picked up at the local Walmart. They proceeded to tell us to write EVERYTHING down that we wanted to remember from our early days of marriage...and to keep them, so that when the difficult times came we could open the binder and REMEMBER. I really wish I would have followed their advice, because although we said at that time that we were too in love for ANYTHING to change EVER....life happens, and remembering isn't always as easy as it once was.
Or my children. Wow...wasn't Jordan JUST born??? And now he is off to college. My baby is not so small anymore. Regardless of how OFTEN my mother (and others) said it all goes SOOOO fast, I did not believe them. During those days when I could not put enough lotion on my cracked hands after washing them a million times a day after changing a million diapers a day, or when I just could NOT get enough sleep at night and would fall asleep on the couch waiting for the bus and they would have to call me, or when I just wanted them to be able to take care of themselves....yeah, during THAT time I couldn't see the end of the tunnel and I did not believe them in the least. I just wanted a slight reprieve. Now...well, now it is different. When they are being typical teenagers I want to REMEMBER the cute little snuggly happy babies and toddlers that they were.
I want to REMEMBER to look for and SEE the hand of God in my day to day life. I want to REMEMBER HIM more often and I want to keep a journal of it.
Soooo....I got an App. Yes, there IS an App for EVERYTHING. I got Phototyme. I'm pretty sure it isn't the first one of its kind, nor the last or the best, but it was advertised enough on my newsfeed that pricked my interest and got me thinking. The day it was 50%+ off, it was time. I snagged it and have begun scanning old pictures into my phone to digitize them. I have boxes FULL of old pictures that I want to REMEMBER.
EVERYTHING.....
And I will blog about it....or make memory books...whatever it takes to REMEMBER!
**************************************************
And so...let me go back to Christmas! It was nice to have Christmas on a Sunday where we could focus on Christ and the REAL reason we celebrate. It was nice to have Jordan home. It was a quiet and nice holiday.
I could also go back to Thanksgiving in Utah....it was great to visit Jordan at Utah State and to spend time with Krista and Nicky and her family. I am blessed with a GREAT family!!!
On our way home we stopped by Goblin Valley in Southeastern Utah. It was fun to roam around and adventure with the kids before our LOOOOONG drive back to Arkansas!
That's all for now....I'll try to do better this year!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment