Spencer will turn 18 on Thursday, Sept 20. First, HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!!!????? Mom told me not to blink...guess I did!
Well, he and Avery wanted to go to the Spartan race in Nashville on the 22nd for his bday. That was a PERFECT gift, I thought. But then we found out they had a XC race that day so they couldn't make it. I thought maybe we could just make an obstacle course and have a few friends do it. Avery thought we could MAKE a salmon ladder for him. That morphed into a climbing wall and the apparatus began to take shape in our minds. We decided that yesterday would be our day to build it.
Her mom and aunt came with her and we spend MOST of the day. I had purchased lumber. Goodness me! To build it to the scale we had PLANNED it was going to cost nearly $800. Time to scale back....a LOT! Instead of making it 16 feet wide, we made it 10. Still 16 feet high on one side and 12 on the other...my goodness! I couldn't afford all the plywood right now, so we will finish the climbing wall portion of it as time (and finances) go on! I think it turned out great! And we had a lot of fun making it.
And I think it is safe to say that he was excited AND he liked it!
He even went straight to USING it...even in his nice clothes! He didn't make the first rung on his first try, but on the second try he got it good! Love this kid's determination and SMILE!!!








No comments:
Post a Comment