This weekend was no different. I LOVE the gospel of Jesus Christ, His church, and the "incomprehensible joy" that is included therein. Some of the messages pierced my heart as only the Spirit can. I don't remember exactly what was said as much as I remember feeling like I need to slow down so I can have sweet opportunities with my children...teaching moments. I remember the thought about FHE and how to make ours better. I suppose consistency is worth something. We haven't always been faithful in this area, but we are now much more consistent than the last few years. It seemed a lot easier when the kids were little. Such is the way of life and the admonition to never leave off the ESSENTIAL, to search out the best, not just the good or the better. It is hard, but it is worth it.
I loved the simple messages of faith and testimony. I wondered what I would say if I was up there. I was impressed by the two youth speakers. What a great church we have that gives us so many opportunities to serve, learn to speak in front of a crowd, teach, and grow!
While at Youth Conference in Kansas City this summer, Spencer was able to conduct the testimony meeting on the last day. He sat in between Pres Wing and Pres Hopkins.
See his socks? See Pres Wing's socks (to the right of Spencer). In his remarks, Pres Wing mentioned something he learned while at Youth Conf. He had Spencer raise his pant leg and show his socks. Of Pres Hopkins, he asked the same. Then he raised his pant leg and showed his socks mentioning that on his wildest sock days he has BARELY noticeable dots. It is cool to have flashy socks. He and Spencer joked that the next time he came to Choctaw, he would be sporting some flashy socks. Fast forward to last weekend. We found some 'happy socks' and bought them for him. Spencer's card read, "Now you can be a hip teenager too. Thanks for your love for all of us youth!" Kelsey and I dropped them at his house when we were in Little Rock. He was happy. Sadly, we didn't get a pic then. But today.....we did!!! He wore the patriotic ones (fitting for a State Rep -- wonder if he will wear the striped ones with pink and green and browns?). Anyway, I didn't miss the opportunity to snap a pic this time around!
He thinks he is the best Stake President ever because he ended the meeting that was supposed to go from 6-8pm last night early....at 7:30pm. But nope! We KNOW why he is the best Stake President ever.....because he loves the youth and has fun with them!
Sundays are also fun days because look what I found when I walked into the kitchen!!! Caught him red handed.....:)
No comments:
Post a Comment