Friday, August 19, 2011

Back to School

It is hard to believe that the summer is REALLY over!

This summer we all got into sleeping in and having little to no routine.  Though this is rough at times, it was fun!

However, my poor house has suffered tremendously and now I am reaping the repercussions of such behavior!  Oh well.....we had fun!

Imagine how surprised I was when Spencer's alarm woke up EVERYONE in the house and we were ALL ready to go by 7:15!!!!  I wonder how long THAT will last?????

Now after 2 days I realize that the 6am wake up call of the first day of school may not last forever...but it is nice to have them enjoying this year!  Only 3 schools this year and only 2 buses.

Kelsey is now in 3rd grade so she goes to Central with Spencer - which means that she also rides the same bus.  Cody has graduated up to Southside and therefore rides home with Jordan.  It is nice to see my kids walking home together.  In fact, watching Spencer take Kelsey under his wing at Central as they walked in the first day was a joyful time for me!

Yesterday was day number 1 for this school year!  I don't know how many days in the school year, but we are looking forward to a good year!  Cody is in first grade, Kelsey in 3rd, Spencer in 5th, and Jordan in 8th!
 
Of all of them, Kelsey is the most excited!!!  I expected that hands down!  But all of them are excited, even Jordan (in his own way!)  It is fun to see the skip in Cody's step again as he comes home.  I just love to see them in school and having a great time!

Underneath all the excitement is a bit of nervousness!  Little Cody wondered most about rest time - "Mom, can I ask you something in your ear?" Then he whispered ever so quietly, "Do they have rest time in 1st grade?"  He was pretty happy when I told him that they did not. His teacher this year is Mrs. Peyton....I think he will have a great time with her!  He was pretty bashful when he went to meet her the first time...but he's coming out of his shell!  First grade will be good for him!

All the way to school Spencer was super excited...until he got to the school, then his wondering began and that nervous look showed up!  That is par for him though and he always pulls through.  He has Ms Mackey...same 5th grade teacher that Jordan had!  He, also, will do great!

Racing to school was not Jordan's way.  He loves to be dropped off first, but he's to that age that school isn't something he can admit he likes.  His greatest excitement is that PE isn't 1st hour this year...but last!  THAT is the best thing ever for a teenage boy!

Every day will be fun for the next 9 months...hahahaha!  They'll be excited now and then the homework will begin.  Hopefully they will keep up a bit of excitement.

Fridays are great....and thankfully, only 2 days of school before a weekend!  Fridays are pizza and a movie night!  I love that the routines of school come quickly!!!

Unless we give up...school will be fun all the way around!  I start at SIUC on Monday....then let the routines begin!!!  Biggest blessing is that my sister, Krista, is coming to be the "nanny" while Scott coaches soccer, Jordan plays football and I go to school - hence NO ONE to watch Spencer, Kelsey and Cody.  She is a Godsend...and a complete answer to my prayers.  I was really stressed about WHO would watch them this year for the couple months of Scott and soccer! 

Now we have a weekend and then full days of school from here on out!  We have the first days of jitters out of the way (except me) and we are now on our way to another year of education!  Fun to see their smiles on the first day of school!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

I love "the first day of school" photos! They do look happy. The first day of school here is tomorrow. I am happy about that because now work will slow down for me. We'll have a few weeks of very few patients since they don't want to miss the first few weeks of school to have surgery. Glad Krista is going to be there to help out too.