My dissertation was all about how Non-traditional aged MOTHERS balance the multiple roles and demands they have when they are students. I specifically talked about stress in this presentation. I think it went ok...though my friend that came said I should be glad they didn't VIDEO tape it since I make a lot of weird faces when I present. hahaha
A couple GOOD things did actually come from it though....one lady asked to collaborate with me (which could be good for my publications) and another is having a conference at her college about this very topic and wants to invite me to come speak to them. I would LOVE to become a leading author on this topic. Oh the possibilities!!!!!
But MOST of my trip was PLAYING in San Francisco with my friend! We had a GREAT time! Here are just a few of the HIGHLIGHTS.....
My friend met me in Utah before we headed to Cali.....up a Squaw Peak overlooking the valley!
We stayed with Eric and Monica....Sunday after church Eric invited everyone over for a FEAST (literally.....like 5 types of MEAT grilled, smoked, etc) It was SOOOO great to see my brothers. I haven't seen them for SO long....I haven't seen BRAD (first pic) since Nicky got married 10 years ago.
Monday we went to an Oakland A's game....this time I got to see my brother, Dave. It was fun to get a selfie with Monica after liking them on Facebook forever!
After the game, we went to San Ramon to see where I grew up and then to the Oakland Temple. It was FUN!
great view from the temple!!!
We were pretty hungry on our way home....so wanted to stop for something small. Only we stopped at this cool Greek Pita place. Great food with hummus and feta, but LOTS of food. Wasn't particularly happy about the eggplant I tried....but all in all, a GREAT meal! haha
Tuesday we left Eric's for San Francisco! LOADS of just checking it all out and sailing and fun!
overlooking Alcatraz
great shot on Fisherman's Wharf....
this street performer had made ALL his instruments...a guitar with a keyboard on it that he played with the same hand! Amazing...and he had bicycle peddles that he controlled the drums with. It was pretty awesome and fun to listen to!
Sailing was an all-time favorite for the both of us.....and FREEZING!!! But OH so FUN!!!
Golden Gate Bridge
our Captain, HANS
We went to Muirwoods....gigantic redwood trees. It was chilly and beautiful.
One day we drove down to Santa Cruz....stopped a few places along the coast on the way. Hwy 1...what a beautiful drive!!
This place was the bomb.com! When we stopped they were draining the sewer and it STUNK horribly. But when we finished they were done. It was SOOOO windy...but a great stop with fun scenery.
The ride at Santa Cruz....above it all...
Lombardi street...crookedest street! We rode a trolley car then walked down
We rode the trolley....fun times!!! Riding on the outside was so much fun....but it got REALLY cold after our dinner and shopping and the fog rolling ALL THE WAY in. We DID not ride on the outside on the way back.
We took a Ferry over to Sausalito...a quaint little town. It was beautiful and loved the sailboats. It was super late when we got back but we had a GREAT Italian dinner...no pics tho :(
We also went to her house in Wyoming. On our way we stopped at Jackson Hole, WY....then we did a couple hikes and walking around...always a fun meal. It was a LONG trip...but fun.
breathtaking!!!
Trying to get a good pic of the Tetons as we drove on....I held my phone out the window and hoped for the best (which included NOT losing my phone!!!)
Hot Springs....fun! We even saw some buffalo, I wasn't supposed to get out of the car evidently, but WHO could pass up this selfie???
I think this hike was WIND RIVER....it was beautiful!! The sound of rushing water is mesmerizing and securing for me. The mountains alone hold soooo much inner peace for me. I couldn't get enough - to say the LEAST! But when we finally got to the top, the weather changed and we had to hurry down. We beat the storm!
Originally I had planned to go to Idaho to a family reunion afterwards. However, it had been a LONG time since I had been home and Jordan was heading to Hawaii. I chose to head home early and be with him and the family. It was a good choice!
No comments:
Post a Comment