Sunday, September 11, 2016

Let the FALL Sports Begin

Fall around our house is pretty FULL of soccer. Scott is coaching 3 teams and the kids practice throughout the week and play on the weekends. That is ON TOP OF Spencer's cross country practices and meets and Kelsey's volleyball games. Needless to say, we are just a BIT busy when Fall sport season rolls around. Some days I'd like it to slow down, but most of the time I LOVE it...I love how active my children are and how well they do. I absolutely LOVE to watch them play in their games. This weekend we WON a LOT! THAT is always fun. But losing is something they are learning too...how to do it respectfully without being a jerk. Sadly, there are some professional athletes (without naming ANY at this moment) that have not learned to lose. It is just part of it all and although it STINKS to lose (I am the fiercest of ALL competitors), there is a way to do it correctly, respectfully and not act like you a toddler throwing a fit!

So, here are some pics of our weekend. First...Fri night soccer AND Saturday games too. Then we went to Stake Conf Sat evening and Sunday morning. I LOVE to listen to the speakers and bask in the Spirit. So many good things were said today about reading our scriptures, about following the Savior, about staying on the winning team and not giving up even when the going seems impossible (Pres Hopkins referenced the Sept 15, 1990 BYU game against Wash State where they scored 5 touchdowns in the 4th quarter to pull off the comeback of all comebacks!....soooo many fans had left, thinking it was impossible for the Cougars to pull it off.....NEVER GIVE UP!) It is just a GREAT time and a wonderful experience to feel the Spirit.

I also got to see missionaries from the past. Missionaries that enter our home become part of our family for sure! Some are here longer than others and make a place in our hearts. Such is the case with Elder Boggess. Seeing him is like seeing one of my own sons after a long time. I love him. Our entire family loves him. And I got to see Sis Decker too...she was serving with Sis Kafoa and Sis Zent in Paragould after Sis Zent left Greenbrier. Ahhhh missionaries .... missions are AWESOME!!!












 Spencer put my hair up...it was perfect!






School is going forward. The kids are getting into their routines....and Spencer turns 16 next week so he will be able to drive himself to seminary and school and practice AND HELP ME CHAUFFEUR!!! I cannot wait...I'm almost as excited as he is!

Cody is in 6th grade and enjoying it. He has had a bit of a time getting from class to his locker and back to another class AND do bell work, but he is getting the hang of it. He is a good boy and growing up fast into a stellar young man!

Kelsey is in 8th grade and is really excelling. She is an office aid and is planning to be in the Jr Beta club. There are a LOT of clubs she could join, but I am excited that she is going for leadership and moral character. She is s good girl. I am sooo proud of her!

Spencer is in 10th grade and is doing well. He is on the track to get an Associate's Degree as he graduates from high school. I'm not exactly a fan of this for MOST students because I am in the college teaching profession and I see students come in. Although they MAY be intelligent and have taken classes for college credit, I don't really believe they are of college caliber all the time, nor do I believe that an 18 yr old is socially mature enough in college to enter the university setting as a JR....MUCH different ways of life. I think freshman should take freshman classes to an extent. But...for Spencer, who will go on his mission directly after high school, he will not enter the university setting until he is 20 - meaning he will be more mature. I don't know....I still have a lot of reservations, but....for now that is what he is doing. He has lofty goals as he wants to get into BYU. He'd love a soccer or cross country scholarship, but will still go regardless.

And Jordan is a freshman at UTAH STATE. I think he is doing well. I do know that he doesn't necessarily WANT to be in some of his classes, but at least he is going. He has been changing his eating lifestyle and losing weight. I can't wait to see him again! I miss him a lot. I want him to be growing and maturing. And while I pray he gains a strong testimony of his own, I am leaving it in God's hands. And that isn't easy for me! I'm sure it isn't easy for our Father in Heaven either.....so many of HIS children blatantly choose different paths, paths of any variation between not doing what they know to be right and willfully rebelling against Him. Not sure I could handle that.I suppose this is my time to learn to be more like HIM....yikes, I am SOOOO far from that standard. But I am still trying! But, OH....is Jordan a good kid! He is smart and able to handle himself well. He gets done what he needs to and is fun and kind. I am super impressed with his determination and diligence on his eating lifestyle change.....he is excited and doing well. And he calls home! What more could a mother want!!!!

I have good kids!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Love this family! Enjoy hearing how active everyone is and all the things you do together and for each other.