Saturday, October 25, 2008

Amateur Mistake

Just when I thought that posting a blog would end my Monkey Man, Spencer escapades....I find THIS! The experience? I am downstairs....I hear the water turn on outside...NEVER a good thing without mom around. After all, I have had my entire garage sprayed down "on accident," of course. So I head outside to see Spencer ON TOP OF the red van spraying water. "Get down, buddy!" His response made me laugh (on the inside). "Mom! With the water running it is too slippery to get down. You wouldn't want me to fall and cut my head open, would you?" No...I wouldn't.....and so I left it without a fight. I went out later to find the hose THROUGH the basketball hoop and down around the driveway. I thought nothing of it...except that I would get to it LATER. That later time came at 5:45 the next morning when I was heading out to teach. I remembered to get all the bikes and toys out from behind my van. I got in and put the van in reverse.....then heard a noise I can't imitate well, especially not with words. So I got out to check. NOTHING! Hmmmm.....it happened again. And I got out to check. Again nothing. The third time I investigated more.....Spencer had thread the hose THROUGH my hitch on the back of the van and I had run over it. It was wedged under my tire. That weird noise was the hose trying to be ripped in two. I had to laugh....again. Spencer!!!!! That afternoon he was at is again...this time I got a picture.....water on and all!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

Spencer would be really good at setting up traps for people, like in Home Alone! This made me laugh, even though it isn't the first time I heard the story. You are awesome--so great that you can appreciate your kids' uniqueness instead of being annoyed at 5 AM.