My mom used to always tell me it was better to be busy than bored. I don't know now. Sometimes I'd like to try bored -- though I am sure that it would stink and I would FIND something to do with myself. Having a good book, or relaxating with absolutely NOTHING to do....sounds intriguing. As it is, I have a book I HAVE to read by Dec 4th for a Book Club type thingy at the Library I committed to do months ago. Leave it to the last week...that's me...I work best in the urgency mode, I think.
So, LOTS of things have happened since I last posted here on this cyberspace picture of my life. I was a bit shocked when I noticed it was 2 weeks ago that I wrote last. It's beginning to look like my journal....when I have so much to catch up on that I neglect it even more. So...here I am, trying to remember the funny things of the past 2 weeks so I don't have to ADD them to the Thanksgiving moments to write about.
I'll start from the oldest and go down....
Scott has been really busy presenting at local schools. I can't imagine being "up" and presenting for all day every day. It is exhausting, I am sure. But he loves it and that is good. Tomorrow he is coming to my college class to talk about substance abuse....a topic far too needed at the college level!
I am busy as ever. Despite the never ending "home" things I seem to get myself involved in extracurricular activities just the same as I have done my entire life. The Lord has been blessing us with signs to make for our sign business. I say "our" sign business, but really it is ME! I am really enjoying teaching at Lake Land College. I love to teach and love being with these students instructing them on important life saving techniques. They are a good bunch and I enjoy being with them. I also get my daily spiritual fill in the seminary class each morning. I LOVE the scriptures and love to be in them, so it is great! I am sure to be forgetting SOME part of my life, but all is well.
Jordan is now on the Student Council at his Elementary School. Each 5th grade class voted one student from their class into the Student Council. He was voted in. He's pretty excited....and got to give the announcements this morning. His 11th birthday was this past weekend. He had a few friends over and we rented a Wii for them to play. They had a ball! A Wii, pizza, and friends...what more could a boy want? The night was a success and he was more happy than can be. I love seeing my kids happy.
Spencer is Mr. Adventure. I just got him a new pair of pants YESTERDAY. I was excited to have at least ONE pair clean to pack for our Thanksgiving trip to Tennessee. When I went to pack for him this afternoon I noticed they ALREADY had grass stains on them. Boy...I can't keep up with him. He is outside playing hard most of the time. He is doing well in school, getting more into reading every day. Of course, art is his thing....there's not ANYTHING he can't make something creative out of.
Kelsey is learning to read very well. She is little Miss Phonetic and it is fun. I remember when Spencer was in Kindergarten and learning how to write things. He wrote ALL over EVERYTHING. He wrote ALL his classmates names, his friends names, all over his dresser. I finally quit cleaning them off and just let him have "his" dresser -- which remains the same today. I mention that because now Kelsey is in Kindergarten and is glorying in writing the names of her classmates and friends EVERYWHERE. Yesterday I went into the mud room only to find that the windows were covered in her kindergarten class names. Thankfully it was washable marker (I have made a decision to own NOTHING else from now until my children graduate from College!!!!) and she was able to get it cleaned up.
Cody is doing very well in school. His big claim to fame recently is being completely potty trained. Truth be told, I thought it would NEVER happen. But, honestly, HE is my best thus far and really did it all on his own!!! I bought Lightning McQueen underwear and off he went. Let's just say that I am grateful. School is doing wonders for him. I was apprehensive at first, but knew it was the best thing for our circumstances with me teaching. And it is paying off. The other morning, Tuesday, we were mentioning the day being Tuesday and he kept trying to correct us saying it was....something. We couldn't understand him at all. He finally put up 4 fingers and said, "It isn't Two's Day, it's FOUR'S Day." I had to laugh....and still chuckle remembering it.
Our lives are very busy but we take time to hang out together and that is fun. It is fun to watch when the children are actually getting along and playing together. It's like driving through southern Utah (or some places out here in the midwest)...if I blink I miss the town. If I blink, or turn my head (or my attention) ... I miss the fun times the kids have together. So I try not to blink too often.
No comments:
Post a Comment