Each year at this time Effingham High School has HOMECOMING! It is quite a tradition throughout most schools. Ours includes a parade....which I have only once before attended. But this year was different....Jordan plays football now and is IN the parade. So, we went. It was windy and getting chilly, but we watched and waited as the Homecoming Court (royalty) rode through in cars, the band played for us (both Jr. High and High School), Spanish and French Clubs...and I think some drama stuff...and then finally the big long trailers full of football players. The kids enjoyed the candy and yelling....that was enough.

(waiting for the parade)

(the JFL team)
We also went to the game last night. They got killed, sadly. Jordan's comment to me as we left summed it up. "Mom, only the parents and a FEW kids actually WATCH the football game. Most of the kids come just to hang out with their friends." Pretty much...and THAT is what HE did all night. He's growing up.
1 comment:
You have to be kidding me right? This is the same little fella that I spent many days with when he was a baby? Wow!!!
Post a Comment