Sunday, October 25, 2009

Life Goes On!

It is amazing to me how very true this statement is....life just keeps on going on and on! No matter the situations that are arising in homes and in lives - be them happy or sad - life just goes on. For me it is interesting to look back and not believe the week is already over or beginning again, or better yet that NOVEMBER is already here AGAIN! (soon)

So, as far as this week goes....just the regulars. The Church of God down the street has an annual pumpkin patch. This year our children have been down there a lot. Their ages are quite liberating, really. They can go with Jordan and play until dinner. Jordan swears up and down that he needs a cell phone so I can call when I am ready to have them come back home. I am more inclined at his age to buy him a watch and teach him to be responsible! We'll see!

Anyhow, they go down quite a lot and since Scott was busy for part of our Family Home Evening this week Jordan suggested that on one night that he WAS home we all go down to the pumpkin patch and play tag in the straw maze.

Here are the pics:

Cody and his dragon coat....hanger still attached.

They run ON TOP OF the bails of hay...funny kids.

Kelsey loves to steal the camera and get blackmail type photos :)

Kelsey and the funnies pumpkins she could find.

The family.

And lastly...my 2 posingest kids (Kelsey and Spencer)

We actually did have a pretty cool FHE this week. The kids get on me because I'm not much of a Halloween decorator....so we went to the Dollar Tree and each got a couple things to decorate. A couple days later it was SPENCER who decorated the outside. Maybe I ought to get a picture of our graveyard and witch that flew into our door, but I think the skeleton that was up on our tree maybe not be there anymore. Such is the Demers' clan and decorations...they are more of play things.

With Scott's soccer done we actually got to spend a weekend together. We went to Effingham's Regional soccer game. As I write this I am amazed that I was so excited to get that over with and then we go to another game. Anyway...it will be nice to have some weekends together again.

My class began on October 21st. It will be fun to have a regular class to teach. I have enjoyed the time off, but do enjoy being in the classroom also.

And so, yes, Life Goes On! Despite the accidents on the Interstate that bring despair to homes, regardless of teams taking a regional soccer championship and others not, and all the happy and sad things in between.....our lives just keep going on. I have stopped a few times this week in quiet reflection in gratitude for the blessings in my life.

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Great pictures of my cute family. I can't wait to see you all in a few weeks. I love you all. Grandma

Jackie said...

Lovely picture Denise!