Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Love for the Same Reason I Breath

Because if I didn't, I would die!

The other day I read this on my friend, Emily Johnson's, facebook thought. Wow! I TOTALLY agree!!! THAT is why I love....I can't help it.

Then a day or so ago I also found a quote from George Albert Smith entitled "The Size of Your Heart." It says, "Your happiness will be in proportion to your charity and to your kindness and to your love of those with whom you associate here on earth."

Loving is Living! And I suppose it is the same the other way around for me, Living is Loving!

This week has been filled with LOTS of things. Getting back on Monday screwed my psyche up big time. I was a day late all week....even missed a doctor's appt.

Monday night Spencer played and won!!!! He was in the Championship game on Tuesday night, but lost. The Jets had a great season....took 2nd place (nothing to shake a stick at, to be sure).

Jordan's JFL is over so his week was relatively uneventful...except that I can see that he is getting older. Not only is it visibly noticeable now, but his requests to go places with friends after school is at a more mature level. He'll be 12 next month and I really can't believe it.

Kelsey continues to be Kelsey. She is reading really well now and wants to read it "All by myself," as opposed to having much help from mom. The other day she learned a valuable lesson about making choices and having to live with them. She wore something to school that was dirty and when she got there didn't want to stay. I don't blame her....but she is much more willing to get dressed in something clean in the mornings now. Some lessons are hard to learn.

Cody continues to be a chatter box when he gets home from school. I wish that I could record EVERY conversation we have. Mostly it is him convincing me that he HAS had lunch (or something semi-nutritious to eat) so that he CAN have ice cream. He is now into Dairy Queen's Dilly Bars.

But I do remember ONE such conversation the other day. I had made him hard boiled eggs -- his favorite. He doesn't much like salt. When I asked why here is the conversation that came:

C: Salt is bad for your body
M: Really?
C: Yes, if you have too much you might die.
M: Really?
C: Yes, like you know those older people that go to our church? They will die soon. Do you know when they are going to die?
M: No, I don't. What makes you think salt is going to make people die?
C: I don't know...it just will.

His conversations are much like that. He is learning A LOT of things. Some of his information is a bit "off" so I try to correct it. But really I just like listening to his little brain think about things. How he perceives the world around him is fascinating to me.

Scott finished up High School Soccer this week too. Saturday was his last game. They lost in their Regionals or Playoffs (or whatever they were called) but played GREAT their last game. They had a much better year than last year. Scott has done a GREAT job with this team. As trying as it has been, I think he will petition to me to stick with it again next year!

I LOVE my family. As difficult and trying as parenting is, I wouldn't trade it for the world (maybe for a weekend, but not for the world---hehehehehe).

So....I gotta run now. I will post pics of Scott's soccer and Spencer's team later.

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

So, who exactly is Cody referring to as the old people at church? I hope he doesn't mean me!!!

I love that conversation. It reminds me so much of talking with Charlotte. Sometimes I get frustrated that I don't get a moment's peace with her, but then I remember that I would have given anything to have the same kind of conversation when Danny was that age.