For the LONGEST time (probably since we moved into our home nearly nice years ago) I have wanted light in my dining room. Not that I don't have it...I just wanted to be able to flip a switch and the lights would turn on. So....a couple years ago I bought some ceiling fans so I could REALLY light up AND cool down the place all at once. Instead of one ceiling fan, I put in two! It takes me a long time to get a fire under me, but when I get going I really get going. I did MOST of the work, but the finishing electrical part I needed some help. My neighbor came down today, just in time for all my company this weekend. I think we BOTH work best under time constraints....those urgent things!

This week I also FINALLY painted the rest of Spencer and Cody's room AND put up their bunk bed. I LOVE it...and so do they. I am glad....because I think I would like a bed like this. In fact, Scott thinks WE should build ourselves one and put our dressers underneath! Whatever!!!

Spencer likes his "cubby" space. Cody loves to play on top. Now, sleeping is another issue. Cody is scared of heights....yeah! So, the first night after much crying he slept on the bottom and Spencer slept up top. Spencer felt weird, he said, because all his stuff was "down there" and "I'm up here!" Whatever!!!! Last night, night number 2, Cody DID get to sleep on top, only to scream out around 2am!!!! Scott and I looked at each other...."How long will THIS last?" we asked each other!
*****************************************
I watched Charlotte today. Cody and Charlotte are not only fast friends, they crack me up...continually. I rarely have to speak much to them, so today when they were quietly playing well together I thought NOTHING of it (I was getting the last work on the ceiling fans done, after all). THIS is what I found....Charlotte's mom made a great comment...."When it doesn't matter they tattle (i.e. He's LOOKING at me) but when we REALLY need to know (or at least would LIKE to know) they say NOTHING!) Oh well.....

And then...I took a picture of all the Germ-X in our home right now. Needless to say, we have been sick at our house and DON'T want it back!!!!

1 comment:
Great job on the room! It is really shaping up!
And I agree about Cody and Charlotte. I love their friendship so much. They are totally partners in crime. I wonder what mischief they will come up with over the years...
BTW, all day yesterday, Charlotte was saying, "Cody wrote on the floor and I said, 'STOP!'" I guess she was rehearsing for the next time they decide to play with markers. : )
Post a Comment