Wednesday, August 18, 2010

The Lemonade Stand


I remember as a child painting rocks (and probably cactus) gold and thinking I could sell them and make LOADS of money! I have to laugh now because where I lived in the summers was not a very busy place...AT ALL! In order to get there you had to drive up a mountain. So...the "market" was the few neighbors - all of which would pay big money for those gold "nuggets," I am sure! Needless to say, my brother and I didn't make much money. Truthfully, I don't think we REALLY tried hard to sell them. Finding JUST the right "nugget" and painting with a can of gold spray paint was enough to keep us entertained!

I thought of that experience today as Kelsey and her friend wanted to make a lemonade stand. I let them do all the work and this is how it turned out. Sadly, they came in a while later having made NO sales ... so they went door to door, and still made no sales (or so I thought). Evidently they did make a few token monies!

Way to go, Kelsey! So far...the ONLY entrepreneur in our family!

No comments: