Sunday, October 31, 2010

Goulash

When I think of 'goulash' I think of a soupy sort of dish that includes everything but the kitchen sink.  After googling it and finding out way too much about a dish I don't especially care for (even when my mom made it growing up....I didn't like it - which is really no news to her!), I have found that it really is based upon a Hungarian soup and has as many variations as you can imagine!  I think my mom's was full of noodles and spaghetti sauce and hamburger.  Then why didn't I like it?  Hmmm....probably because I was a picky eater and anything out of the ordinary surely couldn't be good.

At any rate, this post is much like goulash to me....EVERYTHING but the kitchen sink!

I don't really know where to start, so I will just dive in (my style) regardless of whether or not I get the chronology right.  I mainly just don't want to forget these little instances.

********************

When I was growing up my mom used to yell down the stairs.  I hated that!  So she started singing "Rise and Shout the Cougars are out!" (the BYU fight song).  Actually, I don't remember which came first....I ALWAYS remember her singing that to wake us up....so maybe that is how it really was.  The hating part was probably the teenage crummy years of orneriness.

So, sometimes I yell down to Jordan.....but then remember to walk down to wake him up.  Chances are VERY high that as far away as he is from the top of the stairs that he would NEVER hear me in his dead to the world sleep state!  Sadly, Jordan rarely gets the "Rise and Shout" version any more.  Maybe I'll start it again.  But the others, they get it all the time.  

The other morning I went in to wake up my cute little sleeping Cody.  He had been sick for so long that it had been a long time since I had woken him up for school.  I walked close to his bed and from under the covers I heard, "Rise and shout the FROGGIES are out!"  I cracked up laughing.  I said, "What?" just so I could hear him sing it again.  

What a funny boy!

********************

Last week for FHE we carved our pumpkins. Here are the pics from our carving extravaganza!
 
 
 




********************

Thank goodness for the Church Trunk or Treating party....since Halloween is on Sunday this year!
Jordan was a Culvers Ice Cream Cup
Kelsey was excited to have this costume!

All the friends
And sadly, we never got a picture of Spencer!

MUCH more in my goulash of experiences...but if I wait until I get them ALL done then I will never get this posted!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

What great pictures! And I love Cody singing "Rise and Shout the FROGGIES are out!" That is sooo cute.

I need to learn the words to that song and start using it to wake my kids!