Saturday, October 2, 2010

O1

Recently LDS Living featured Austin Collie (former BYU football star to now Indianapolis Colts football star) on the front page of their magazine...with a pretty long article inside.  I had briefly scanned it but that is about all when Jordan came to me and told me he had set a goal to be just like Austin Collie.  I hate to say that my mind was elsewhere and I thought he meant some kid on his team.  With further probing I found that he had read the article and had decided on his own to be just like him....to give his all, no less than 100%, at practice from now own.

I was impressed!

Nearly every day he would come home telling me how he had done better and worked harder than ever before.  These are proud mama moments, as I call them.  But his excitement Wed or Thurs when he came home superseded all, "I'm on O1 next game!!!!"

For those who may not know what that means (like me earlier on in the season) it means Offense Team 1....in my book, 1st string, starting, whatever!  I was soooo excited for him.  He had worked REALLY hard and it paid off.  He was really excited too.

So today was their last game.  He was a bit sad that it was only for 1 game that he started, but we talked about how if he continues to improve and put that much effort and work into it he will remain there next season also.  Sadly tho, he didn't feel so good last night and woke up feeling even worse.  He still wanted to play and I really fought within myself whether to keep him home or not.  He was up and ready by 10am....which is new.  Usually on game days he doesn't get out of bed forever and showers JUST before his game.  He was excited, I could tell.  How was I to take THAT away from him?

So, I didn't.  I could tell he was tired and not feeling well, but after the game I could tell even more.  The poor kid gave everything he had and at 7:00 is now in bed!


And they even won...which made all the difference!

I'm so proud of him....PERIOD!

No comments: