Sunday, October 24, 2010

Halloween Parade 2010

I loved parades growing up but I don't remember a parade for EVERYTHING.  On my mission I remember laughing that there was a Christmas Parade. I'd never heard of one before.
I even found a picture....can you guess which one is ME?  Can't believe there was NO SNOW in NFLD!!

I don't remember one growing up.  And now living in Effingham, there is a parade for almost EVERYTHING.  When we first moved here the most funny one to me was the transportation parade.  I suppose if you can boast of the millions of cars that pass through here being the 'crossroads of America,' it is a good thing to have.

Today Jordan marched in his first parade.  (he was sick for the last one)  Characteristic of him, he DIDN'T want his picture taken.  And sadly, I didn't get one of him playing the clarinet.  Oh well....at least I got ONE of him P.E.R.I.O.D.
The horse that got a bit spooked at Cody
My kids' favorite part....three sets of Shriner's go carts

waiting for Jordan...and watching the parade
Wow....coolest one to me.  I can't imagine being hooked to that crane for 2 hours.  Her legs were pinned behind her and the crane would lower and raise her....not so smoothly.
Only in Effingham would a train STOP a parade!  NO route without crossing tracks
And finally....Jordan
The theme seemed to be Toy Story for some reason.  There were some fun things to see, but mostly it just went on and on and on!  I think one of the guys running for sheriff went on for 3 city blocks.  Or maybe that was the republican party....?

We had a good time.  Was happy to see Jordan play!

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Jordan, I used to play the clarinet and march in the Lilac Parade in Spokane when I was growing up. Fun times! You look great!!!! Love you all.