School pictures have come in!
I love this time of year. The kids anxiously show me their new school pictures and then even more anxiously beg me to put them in their frames on the wall IMMEDIATELY! It is fun to look at the previous pictures we have crammed in that frame. Checking out how they have grown is exciting for them and quite a moment for me. All in those few minutes a 'Myriad of Memories' flashes through my mind and heart.
Like that adorable dress Kelsey was wearing for her 3 month pictures....or Spencer's HUGE smile at 18 months...or Cody's general compliance with our family photos/his 6 month pic. I remember taking Jordan and Spencer when it was just the two of them. I remember all the kids being in school and taking Cody. The ordeal became just that...an ordeal, as they ruined so many pics and we finally just settled on getting them...just when we 'happened' to be in Walmart. Cody had a rash around his mouth, but I just wanted the situation to be done. The poor #4 kid has less pics than all of them combined (professional anyhow) which is why I try try try try try to get a lot of him when they were all at school and it was just the two of us. I remember being away teaching the day Kelsey had pics and Scott didn't do her hair OR worry what she was wearing. I also remember her putting her own hair up for schools pics....with half of it down. It shows in the pic, but I love the memory!
I could go on and on and on and on!
But what I really see is how very much my children are growing up. They are no longer those cute LITTLE kids, but the cute big kids turning into bigger kids, shedding the toddler/child like look and turning into themselves.
I love it!
Sadly, once again Jordan is not shown. His pics have not come in yet, but I will post htem
![]() |
| 4th Grade |
![]() |
| 2nd Grade |
![]() |
| Kindergarten |
******************************
And then there is soccer!
Life isn't fair...or so Kelsey said this morning when the boys got to play their soccer games in the rain and she didn't. When we started it was just sprinkling....but then it REALLY started raining. So they only let the 8:30 game play...which meant Kelsey just watched today. :(
Nor is life fair...because I just can't get pictures of ALL the soccer games at the same time. I can't be at BOTH games playing at the same time. ETC!
So these pictures are just Spencer today. He is a good player...and has fun playing! I am glad!
******************************
That "I Love You!" Thing
Again last night I told Kelsey I loved her. Her typical response is "I know, Mama, you tell me all the time." That was the response I got again. So we decided I would try NOT to tell her all day today. I wondered then if I could do it....it is not something I THINK about doing, but will SURELY have to think about NOT doing. She woke up this morning and reminded me of our goal.
I can't believe I made a goal NOT to tell someone (especially one of my children) that I love them!
But she modified the goal this morning as she got in my bed. "Mom, I think you should only tell me TWICE today -- once in the morning and once when I got to bed." Jeepers!
Already I have had to use sheer strength and total power to NOT say it. I can't believe I am going through with this. I suppose love languages are true and I need to find HERS, not just shove mine on her!



No comments:
Post a Comment