Sunday, December 26, 2010

Merry Christmas 2010

What a day!

What more can I say....?

Total mayhem...no sleep the night before....and this is what it looks like AFTER the frenzy! 
These kids of ours could hardly sleep all night for excitement.  So far, that has only happened ONCE in our family... a LONG time ago.  But I think Kelsey is the only one that slept on Christmas Eve.  I finished reading The Christmas List by Richard Paul Evans about 1am...with tears in my eyes and the spirit of Christmas coursing through my heart!  It wasn't too much longer and I heard Jordan up going to the bathroom.  I must have fallen asleep because I awoke again to Scott shewing Spencer and Cody BACK to bed (he said that he heard Cody coughing and it didn't sound like it was coming from his room....they were in the front room checking out what Santa brought at 3AM).  Then at 5 ish Jordan was back up asking to get up.  Our rule this year was 6:30!  So....thankfully they fell asleep for JUST A BIT and we were all up and at it around 6:50!  What fun!!!

I love to see the excitement in the kids' eyes and their squeals of delight for what they get.  I also enjoy seeing their excitement to watch their brother or sister or parent open THEIR gift to them.  We had a great morning...and it continued throughout the day!

Scott's parents got here around 4pm after I had played checkers with both Kelsey and Cody.  It was a relaxed day to just play and have fun together.  The snow was pretty too.  A white Christmas is my favorite type of Christmas.  Spencer took a bunch of pictures of the tracks Santa and his reindeer made.  I love it!  Scott took pictures of our lights.....I really liked how he did them this year.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sorry for the sideways photo...it wouldn't rotate.  But this is the indian suit my mom made for Spencer.

 

Santa left tracks in the snow 
 
 
 
And now....as the year winds down....it is nice to relax with family and just be!  What a great holiday we have had.  It will be fun to spend more time with my children.  Oh...and tile the shoe room...hehehe

2 comments:

Lynda said...

Your lights look amazing and the smiles on those cute faces are priceless! So glad the Indian "suit" as Spencer calls it fits so well. Looks like this year was great. Love you all!

Nicky and Patrick said...

Love it! Wish we could see you guys more!