Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

This morning I got one of those unexpected gifts that was such a shock that it brought INSTANT tears to my eyes....INSTANT! 

The ONLY thing Kelsey wants for Christmas is a kitchen set.  So, I've set out on a hunt....without having to purchase a new one...cheapskate, that I am.  I put a request out on freecycle with a bit of an emotional twist.  It REALLY is the ONLY thing Kelsey wants for Christmas.  Well, I got the phone call at 7am!!!  This mother had read the add to her 5 yr old little girl that it was the only thing my daughter wanted for Christmas.  The little girl immediately said, "Mom, I want to give her mine!"

I could hear the little girl in the background....how precious.  This really is the most wonderful time of the year!  I am searching my brain for something I can bring this afternoon to the little girl to say thanks.  Of course, it isn't necessary, but I know how kids LOVE things!

At any rate, it has given me more of the Christmas spirit.  I have been so swamped with papers and presentatios and finals that I haven't done too well to be in the spirit yet this year.  I drove home last night and as I drove into the driveway I saw how our yard had been lit up with Christmas lights.  I took a breath and my heart nearly skipped a beat.  It looks FABULOUS! 

The most wonderful time of the year!

As Cody cuddled into bed with me this morning after a bad dream I just loved that feeling.  He promptly fell asleep in my arms.  I miss that!  Then Kelsey came in shortly after....two kids, one on both sides.  A great feeling! 

The most wonderful time of the year! 

I'm in the giving mood.  So...after I am out of school I will bonzai my thoughts to that giving itch that I have.  I'll be up late making things, I am sure.  I am every year...and I absolutely LOVE it!

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!!!!

1 comment:

Patty O. said...

This is great! And I have to tell you my kids were super delighted by the goblet of goodies you guys brought over.

Danny kept exclaiming, "Isn't this cup so cool? I love this cup!"

Of course, Tommy ate about 10 pieces of the candy and wanted even more--that kid and his sweet tooth.

Thanks!